• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Was it crashing at stock settings? I ask because my card no longer clocks as high on 17.8.2 and will crash if I try to play with the increased custom clocks that were perfectly stable on 17.8.1...
Not on balanced mode, but stock Turbo it was. I rolled back to 17.8.1 and it ran fine again even with +50% power limit.

It might be worth reinstalling 17.8.2 just to be sure. I updated via the software and it didn't install properly leading to a ton of crashes. I downloaded it direct from the website, reinstalled and it was fine.
I didn't have time last night but I'll do a complete DDU clean and test 17.8.2 again. My immediate reaction was to rollback and see if the card was borked since I had a similar experience with my first AIO 64.

Soldato
Card is an absolute beast, really this level of performance ~ VEGA ~ GTX 1080 + we are getting spoilt xD

Ya for the money very happy with this. Hopefully the next iteration uses less power xD

Associate
Can we expect a driver update soon that would supposedly increase performance soon or?

DGEUj2jWAAALHDO.jpg:large

they have new software in the works, when it will land who knows but here is a sample of what to expect from it, my guess is that the next big driver update for vega will be attached with the release of this

Caporegime
DGEUj2jWAAALHDO.jpg:large

they have new software in the works, when it will land who knows but here is a sample of what to expect from it, my guess is that the next big driver update for vega will be attached with the release of this

Think someone at amd needs to look into their spelling of stylized :p

Soldato
Anyone else cunningly purchased a 64 on a whim, got all excited when the DPD man delivered your new precious and then been utterly dismayed when you realise that the Vega 64 doesn't have a DVI port?

Asking for a friend, obviously...

Associate
Anyone else cunningly purchased a 64 on a whim, got all excited when the DPD man delivered your new precious and then been utterly dismayed when you realise that the Vega 64 doesn't have a DVI port?

Asking for a friend, obviously...

see thats why you do some research.. i got a new dp cable in the same shipment as the card, tbh i dont think you can call yourself a enthusiast unless you have a box full of connectors and cables for any situation :)

Soldato
see thats why you do some research.. i got a new dp cable in the same shipment as the card, tbh i dont think you can call yourself a enthusiast unless you have a box full of connectors and cables for any situation :)

Ah, I have several boxes of connectors and cables. Alas, none of them are going to connect my BenQ XL2411T to my shiny new Vega. I could use the HDMI port, but I want to use that with a Rift moving forward.

Associate
Ah, I have several boxes of connectors and cables. Alas, none of them are going to connect my BenQ XL2411T to my shiny new Vega. I could use the HDMI port, but I want to use that with a Rift moving forward.

Plus, y'know, keep getting 144Hz on your excellent BenQ XL2411T (same one as I have ;) which we can only get through DVI-D. Stupid 60Hz limit on HDMI and no DP fitted. I was gutted when I saw reference vegas didnt come with DVI, but AIB ones should hopefully....

Back
Top Bottom