• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Hi All, managed to solve the Crysis 3 frame rate problems - just turned on triple buffering for opengl on the AMD driver panel and now getting solid 60fps with the exception of a couple of frames dropping very very rarely and un-noticeably

Set at FXAA and max settings on a 1440p resolution monitor - the game looks stunning...

Soldato
Sounds bloody confusing to me. Dont have one brand name for professional and consumer products even if its the same chip underneath.

I presume I dont want HBCC on for most games, I have 16gb but dont think it'll help. Fast ddr4 memory actually but I have a no fun xeon locking it to a low speed

FRTC can be set to values between 30 and 200 FPS and works with DirectX® 9, 10 and 11 3D applications.
From the guide posted, it actually goes upto 300 which is useful in Csgo as thats the general game limit an often wanted maximum. I'm using the game profiles as that will actually save me time as steam cloud never sticks properly/fully for me

Associate
DGEUj2jWAAALHDO.jpg:large

they have new software in the works, when it will land who knows but here is a sample of what to expect from it, my guess is that the next big driver update for vega will be attached with the release of this

Nice, sample source?

Associate
I need HELP guys. I got the RX Vega 64 AC. Driver 17.8.1, a Ryzen [email protected] and 16GB running at 2933mhz. When I open a game the video card stutters every now and then for a second or two. Also, when it stutters, I can hear a stuttering sound inside the case. I can't identify where is it coming from. It happens in Balanced, Turbo or custom. Doesn't matter the power limit %. The whine starts as soon as I open a game. The GPU temp is below 60c while playing RL, so is the HBM Temps. The switch on the card is on the left side, towards the back of the case. Game goes from 144fps to 90fps stuttering and then back up. It happens in Rocket League, PUBG or any other.

Soldato
Hi All, managed to solve the Crysis 3 frame rate problems - just turned on triple buffering for opengl on the AMD driver panel and now getting solid 60fps with the exception of a couple of frames dropping very very rarely and un-noticeably

Set at FXAA and max settings on a 1440p resolution monitor - the game looks stunning...

OpenGL setting wouldn't change anything, the Game runs on DirectX 11. I expect the changing AA is what has really made the difference you seeing.

Caporegime
I need HELP guys. I got the RX Vega 64 AC. Driver 17.8.1, a Ryzen [email protected] and 16GB running at 2933mhz. When I open a game the video card stutters every now and then for a second or two. Also, when it stutters, I can hear a stuttering sound inside the case. I can't identify where is it coming from. It happens in Balanced, Turbo or custom. Doesn't matter the power limit %. The whine starts as soon as I open a game. The GPU temp is below 60c while playing RL, so is the HBM Temps. The switch on the card is on the left side, towards the back of the case. Game goes from 144fps to 90fps stuttering and then back up. It happens in Rocket League, PUBG or any other.
Using HWINFO64?

Caporegime
Sounds bloody confusing to me. Dont have one brand name for professional and consumer products even if its the same chip underneath.

I presume I dont want HBCC on for most games, I have 16gb but dont think it'll help. Fast ddr4 memory actually but I have a no fun xeon locking it to a low speed

From the guide posted, it actually goes upto 300 which is useful in Csgo as thats the general game limit an often wanted maximum. I'm using the game profiles as that will actually save me time as steam cloud never sticks properly/fully for me
You want it on, it improves benchmark scores and adds a small boost in some games. No reason to not have it on as there are no ill effects from enabling it. Just set it to the minimum amount allowed.

Associate
Well after some extensive testing, I can say that 1 of my Vega's is not right.

It will black screen/reset if I run it any higher than 17% power limit on stock clocks. It wont even run stock turbo mode without black screens. It will do balanced ok but not turbo. Looks like i'll have to RMA this one. I hope the other one has better luck , have not tested at all yet.

When are the AIB cards going to be released, might do better to wait for one of those!

Last time I had a reference 290x with an OCuk fitted aftermarket cooler. That had to be sent back aswell. oh well. sigh.

Associate
The stuttering in games happened to me a few times when I had hwinfo monitoring running. Turned it off, all good, stuttering gone. At times, though, simple alt-tab can fix it too, as freesync can be bugged in some games like that.

Caporegime
The stuttering in games happened to me a few times when I had hwinfo monitoring running. Turned it off, all good, stuttering gone. At times, though, simple alt-tab can fix it too, as freesync can be bugged in some games like that.
Disable VRM voltage monitoring in HWINFO< + update to the latest build to resolve stuttering.

Associate
I was experiencing crashes with my replacement LC 64 card once I updated to 17.8.2, rolling back to 17.8.1 resolved it. Per a recommendation on another forum I upped p6 and p7 by 50mv on 17.8.2 and was stable for the 5 or so hours I tested last night. I'll do some more testing over the weekend to see if I need the full 50mv but thought I'd share my experience for those in a similar situation.

Back
Top Bottom