• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
No idea mate. My advice would to both of you would be try the next driver and see how it goes.

Matt when are AMD going to enable all the functionality of Vega they told us about but is still disabled or doesn't work. I appreciate all your videos and guides but TBH I just want my Vega 64 AC to run with all the functionality at it's disposable. Is that too much to ask really? Can't AMD RTG just prioritise making things work that should work rather than pussy foot with a nice new OSD. TBH from a purchasers viewpoint I can't help feeling I've been sold a polished turd where all of the new cards functionality simply doesn't work at all. Is AMD still in the game or are they no longer interested?

Soldato
That's so old and none of what the AMD guy states actually works on Vega FFS.

Matt we're not stupid so don't try pedaling this garbage.

Wind your neck in will ya, relax man and read the thread LMAO. Matt posted the video for my viewing with regards to a previous question, he's not "pedalling this garbage" just for the sake of it. We all know it's an old video, but in time these features will all be working.

Last edited:
Associate
Matt when are AMD going to enable all the functionality of Vega they told us about but is still disabled or doesn't work. I appreciate all your videos and guides but TBH I just want my Vega 64 AC to run with all the functionality at it's disposable. Is that too much to ask really? Can't AMD RTG just prioritise making things work that should work rather than pussy foot with a nice new OSD. TBH from a purchasers viewpoint I can't help feeling I've been sold a polished **** where all of the new cards functionality simply doesn't work at all. Is AMD still in the game or are they no longer interested?

you need to chill out a bit dude, matt isnt in control of anything that your pointing at

if you have frustration then return the card or else direct your anger elsewhere, things will get better over time as said loads of times before

i dont think anyone here wants to read it, this a owners thread not a place to vent

Associate
Matt when are AMD going to enable all the functionality of Vega they told us about but is still disabled or doesn't work. I appreciate all your videos and guides but TBH I just want my Vega 64 AC to run with all the functionality at it's disposable. Is that too much to ask really? Can't AMD RTG just prioritise making things work that should work rather than pussy foot with a nice new OSD. TBH from a purchasers viewpoint I can't help feeling I've been sold a polished **** where all of the new cards functionality simply doesn't work at all. Is AMD still in the game or are they no longer interested?

You know that things takes time to develop right? its not like pressing a button.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
After playing with my MSI Vega 64 for two days I come to these conclusions:
Whoever fingered in the value 1200mV for default voltage must be shot. Fired first then shot. It is way too much for default air cooler and not necessary to achieve 1600 MHz clocks. -150mV and no problems so far.
Once again I confirm that Freesync is not necessary for me. I prefer stable 144 fps (with ULMB) and am willing to sacrifice some settings to get there. And as a side bonus, with 144 fps cap the card doesn't need to work at full power all the time.
My case is in a closed cabinet under the desk, I play in headphones and can still hear the default cooler at 2400 rpm. Under 2000 it is acceptable. I do like that it ejects 200-300W of heat outside of case as opposed to AIB coolers.

Associate
So, I have now tested VEGA 64 AIO number 2. This one is much happier than the 1st. The first is not stable on turbo profile, I have to drop the Power Limit from 25% to 17% or it black screen/resets. I will be RMA'ing this one

This second card however is capable of 1777/1100 50% Power limit. Have voltages on auto for now will play with that later. Have been benchmarking all yesterday and very happy with the results.

I'm gaming now 7860x1440 which basically equivalent to 6K (3 x 2k) and I gotta say it's really smooth. Even at 40FPS with freesync, it is still nice and smooth. Once you 60FPS it is gorgeous!

Soldato
So, I have now tested VEGA 64 AIO number 2. This one is much happier than the 1st. The first is not stable on turbo profile, I have to drop the Power Limit from 25% to 17% or it black screen/resets. I will be RMA'ing this one

This second card however is capable of 1777/1100 50% Power limit. Have voltages on auto for now will play with that later. Have been benchmarking all yesterday and very happy with the results.

I'm gaming now 7860x1440 which basically equivalent to 6K (3 x 2k) and I gotta say it's really smooth. Even at 40FPS with freesync, it is still nice and smooth. Once you 60FPS it is gorgeous!

4k is 8.3 mega pixels, 8k is 33 mega pixels, your at 11 mega pixels, and 6k is 18 mega pixels.
Your at about 4.6k resolution.

For 4k and freesync thats still a good showing.

Associate
What the HBM usage on that behemoth resolution? I'm guessing HBCC might work really nice with that too :)

Yeah good point, I have not noted the HBM usage, I imagine it will be getting close to 8GB so then the HBCC would be kicking in, in theory. I'll have another test this evening, I'll test 3 x 4k aswell thats 11700 odd by 2160 that will defo be pushing over 8GB.

Soldato

Chill! a lot of VEGA will come with Dev Support, FARCRY 5 and Wolfenstein 2 two titles coming with Full VEGA support. AMD have also released the Profiler application with RX GPU support allowing devs full control of the GPU.. VEGA needs time!
When I was on air mine boosted to 1630mhz at 1060mv shanks.

Was that with 50‰ boost enabled?

Back
Top Bottom