• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
GPU-Z v2.4.0 (September 7th, 2017)
  • Fixed AMD RX Vega shader count detection
  • Fixed OpenCl detection on ATI/AMD cards with older drivers
Also new HWinfo Beta guys -> v5.57-3240

That was fast.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Thats got to be a driver thing, cant believe its hardware.
i would nuke the current set and start again.
Yes I'm pretty sure the card is fine, or I'd RMA. I can run it in any of the 3 pre-set profiles no problem, it just won't take changes to the custom profile at all. I've DDU'd the driver away and re-installed, but the behaviour persisted and I just feel like playing some games for a bit before doing any more troubleshooting.

I'll be sticking the card underwater next month anyway, so I'll revisit then (and if worst comes to the worst, I think I'd be OK with the standard profiles under water).

Soldato
Is anyone experiencing Memory clock speed dropping?
I not sure if my GPU has an memory fault or am I missing something?

On the R9290 when gaming memory was locked to 1250 but with this RX Vega am seeing speeds drop from 945 to 800 to 500 even has low as 167

Can anyone else monitor GPU memory while playing some games please and tell your results.
Thanks

Asa

Asa

Associate
Is anyone experiencing Memory clock speed dropping?
I not sure if my GPU has an memory fault or am I missing something?

On the R9290 when gaming memory was locked to 1250 but with this RX Vega am seeing speeds drop from 945 to 800 to 500 even has low as 167

Can anyone else monitor GPU memory while playing some games please and tell your results.
Thanks
have you changed the HBM voltage?

Caporegime
Here's my best attempt at balanced voltage vs frequency to get a more consistent clock frequency. Roughly around 1750Mhz, give or take.

Clock speeds/voltages etc in the description.

Last edited:

Asa

Asa

Associate
Nope left stock think it's 1020 top of my head maybe 1050?

I only lowered core voltage, rest of GPU is stock.
I'll try tonight when home just running the GPU out the box settings.
I had loads of problems with HBM clocks, but they went away when i stopped monitoring them (ie closed wattman).

I know, "How do I know theh aren't dropping if I'm not monitoring them?". My games hold their performance. Maybe give it a try anyway, and if it makes a difference then start experimenting with GPU-Z and such.

Soldato
@shankly1985 I used to have it when I wasn't running enough core voltage when overclocking. Since I've sorted my voltage out no problems. At times in No Mans Sky it drops to 800 out the blue then bounces back up again but I put that down to No Mans Sky rather than GPU.

Maybe me running 1000 voltage on core P5 and p6 states would that also effect the memory speed, even if I don't touch memory voltage or speed?

Dammit lol back to complete stock and test.

Soldato
Yep, as soon as I touch voltage to manual and hit apply the GPU will not go above state 5 (1250ish), even if I don't change any numbers. I can manually lower all voltage settings to .950mV with state 6 at 1550 and state 7 as 1575 clocks (core will sit around 1430) and GPU temp around 77-80c with RPM at 2300. HBM is at 1000

If I leave HBM voltage at stock in manual mode the core clocks go nuts.

Soldato
BTW @AMDMatt and @TonyTurbo78 disabling HBCC give me the option to record H.265 again and my recording works fine.

These Vega drivers are very buggy atm

not for me, still missing the HEVC again today. The BF1 recording last night was straight after another driver reinstall, since a reboot even with HBCC disabled, HEVC has gone AWOL again and now I can't record once more. At least the card performance is nailed now :) but yeah still a few bugs, it's early days so to be expected.

Soldato
Yep, as soon as I touch voltage to manual and hit apply the GPU will not go above state 5 (1250ish), even if I don't change any numbers. I can manually lower all voltage settings to .950mV with state 6 at 1550 and state 7 as 1575 clocks (core will sit around 1430) and GPU temp around 77-80c with RPM at 2300. HBM is at 1000

If I leave HBM voltage at stock in manual mode the core clocks go nuts.

Thanks.. Did you manage to find away to keep memory clocks stop dropping?

Soldato
Here's my best attempt at balanced voltage vs frequency to get a more consistent clock frequency. Roughly around 1750Mhz, give or take.

Clock speeds/voltages etc in the description.
I think you definitely got an exceptionally good card Matt - I haven't heard of anyone else hitting those clocks regularly - it's always closer to 1700 than 1750. I've managed to get a nice solid 1710 with state 6 at 1652 freq and 1110 voltage and state 7 at 1752 and 1150. I thought I had settled on stock turbo clocks and 1100 and 1150 voltage but after spending the evening with those achieving my best ever bench scores, the following day I started to get crashes.

Associate
Returning my 2nd AIO card for crashing at stock clocks on 17.8.2. Snagged an Air card for the correct price. Ordering my full loop momentarily. Won't be leaving you guys after all.

Back
Top Bottom