1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Secret World**

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DampCat, 17 Oct 2009.

1. DampCat

Capodecina

What Is It? -
    Who is making it? -
    It's a new MMO in development by Funcom, those who brought us Dreamfall\The Longest Journey, Anarchy Online and Age of Conan. Not a terrible CV, then.

Tell me more -
    http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/

Show Me The Pretties -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Now? -
    Take the initiation test on the website above to be entered in the Beta draw. It's a funky test, asks you some questions. You can't get them wrong, it just has 3 possible outcomes and suggests what type of character to play.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2009
  2. LeJosh

Capodecina

I refuse to get hyped up by another funcom mmo. :p

But sounds good.

3. DampCat

Capodecina

Yeah AOC was dissapointing wasn't it? But. The Good news is they were developing this at the same time as AOC, yet this is still going. Could lead to something a lot more polished :)

4. regulus

Sgarrista

Been following it loosely since last January (2008), sounds interesting but Funcom do have a bit to prove to us.

5. LeJosh

Capodecina

I will remain reluctant but I'll keep my eye on it. Seems to be a few MMOs that havn't been following the Blizzards Guide Book in making MMOs atleast.

6. Tombstone

Capodecina

Its great to see some MMOs coming out which think a little bit outside the box. Having said that, Funcom have A LOT to do to show to me that they have the faintest clue how to make a successful MMO.

7. arc@css

Caporegime

Graphically good, we'll see about the rest. :)

Last edited: 26 Mar 2012
  8. ChrisJSY

Soldato

I'd say AO is pretty successful, considering what other MMOs were around of the time and how it's still going and changing.

9. Stormar

Hitman

:Dso many to look at can,t play them all..lol

10. m0r94n

Mobster

Flash thing seemed to be borked on my laptop, kept randomly highlighting answers. Ended up with the Templars, quite happy with that.

11. Tombstone

Capodecina

I dont know...it effectively had to go free to play in order to continue, whilst older MMOs are still pay per month. It was also an absolute shambles of a game at release which in turn destroyed any reputation it might have built up from the outset. Its still going admittedly, mind you..there are text based muds which are still going.

12. ChrisJSY

Soldato

True but my point still stands, I think it's fair to say it was successful enough. Also back then, releasing an MMO smoothly wasn't heard of and today, it still really isn't heard of. I was lucky myself not have problems with any of the bugs on release that stopped me playing ;)

It's not just free to play either, further access requires you to pay as I'm sure you know already.

I still play it now and again.

13. Hooa

Gangster

If it is not a crazy instance fest I will give it a go :) All the constant loading screens and having my mates in other instances when we in the same area just ruins immersion for me

14. Xordium

Capodecina

Its good people are moving outside the genres that they have seemed stuck in for so long. Maybe we will get some info and the CCP WoD MMO soon.

15. thevet

PermaBanned

another mmo to waste huge amounts of time and money...not for me...looks good though...well they all look good to rope you in...then its the same gameplay as any other mmo...grind,grind,grind,grind,grind

16. thevet

PermaBanned

another mmo to waste huge amounts of time and money...not for me...looks good though...well they all look good to rope you in...then its the same gameplay as any other mmo...grind,grind,grind,grind,grind..why people keep falling for this i do not know

17. RDM

Capodecina

I think I will wait a while on this one considering who the devs are.

18. Tombstone

Capodecina

At a wild guess, an enormous stab in the dark, some quite revolutionary thinking...I am going to say people keep falling for it because they like it?

Certainly I enjoy the MMO genre way , waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any other genre of PC game.

19. thevet

PermaBanned

and certainly the most dullest which requires a LOT less skill than any other genre of pc game

20. Tombstone

Capodecina

Subjective personal opinion.

I personally find text based adventure games the most dullest which require a lot less skill than any other genre of PC game. However, everyone is different and has different tastes which I entirely acknowledge.