**The Secret World**

Soldato
How active is scecter world? I'm looking for a chilled mmo something along the lines of Guild wars and Star Wars: The Old Republic where I can play it at my own pace and solo most of the time.

Then you're looking in the right place.

You'll very rarely be forced to group if you don't want to. Mainly just for dungeon runs if you want to do them for the better gear.

Plenty of people running around last time I was on, but for dungeons you're better off finding a Cabal to run with.

Soldato
Then you're looking in the right place.

You'll very rarely be forced to group if you don't want to. Mainly just for dungeon runs if you want to do them for the better gear.

Plenty of people running around last time I was on, but for dungeons you're better off finding a Cabal to run with.

Thanks for the reply been looking at some videos the world looks great combats looks a bit basic though? I presume the three factions will offer a lot replay value? I think will go head buy it for £12 seems like fair price.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply been looking at some videos the world looks great combats looks a bit basic though? I presume the three factions will offer a lot replay value? I think will go head buy it for £12 seems like fair price.

Combat is basic, for sure, but you'll spend plenty of time working on your build and trying to get the best combos together. In doing so, testing out your new ideas doesn't feel like so much of a chore.

The story and settings are what make this game so good, really. Great voice acting, frequently funny and some nice in-depth investigation missions that'll tax your brain.

Soldato
Combat is basic, for sure, but you'll spend plenty of time working on your build and trying to get the best combos together. In doing so, testing out your new ideas doesn't feel like so much of a chore.

The story and settings are what make this game so good, really. Great voice acting, frequently funny and some nice in-depth investigation missions that'll tax your brain.

Sounds good just need to wait for the 20 GB download :(

Soldato
Picked this up for a tenner the other day and have enjoyed playing the first 2-3 hours of it. Seems a little bit like Guild Wars in mechanics, but the quests seem more fun, and the acting is good.

Anyone else playing or tried it recently?

Soldato
This is currently on sale on Steam, and seeing as I how never got around trying it back when it was released, despite it being right up my alley, I'm thinking of giving it a go now. What's it like these days, population and performance wise? Hell, does anyone even still play it?

I did consider starting a new thread, but decided it best to resurrect this thread than to start a new one.

Last edited:
Associate
Great game, one of my favourite MMOs (along with EQ2 and SWG) but I can never find people to do the dungeons with. Got up to the elite ones when the game first launched but after starting again recently everything seems deserted :(

Soldato
Had a bad experience with this, was getting into it and noticed a sale 'finishing on friday!' So i bought some items or currency and the sale price didnt apply. I contacted customer service and they basically said 'yes, we meant it finished on friday - so it actually finishes thursday.' It was like a quid or two difference but they stuck by their guns and I rage quit.

Might get back into it when I get a chance, from what i remember it was quite fun although not really populated.

Soldato
TSW is an amazing experience to go through once but it lacks that MMO persistent world quality that e.g. WoW has, which is fine, but I wouldn't approach it as a normal MMO. I still have it installed and go through the missions from time to time, just wish they weren't in the shi88er and could do more with it.

Soldato
I only just finished the first Tokyo storyline the other week. Need to stump up and buy the new issues to continue it, but I noticed the performance had dropped quite significantly on my laptop when I got back in.

Might give it a good clean out and see if it helps. The only thing that's stopping me putting it as a priority is that I really don't fancy grinding those missions to get a full set of AEGIS controllers. That Tower Defence one is a nightmare.

Associate
The best thing in this (other than the theme, the investigation missions and having Jeffry -freakin'- Coombs as a VA) is the dungeons. No trash except a couple to show you the tactics to the next boss sequence and really good fights. Polaris, Hell, Ankh and the next Hell one are really enjoyable and some of the best fun I've had in an MMO. I never did get to do the Slaughthouse or Cosmonaught ones though :(

Back
Top Bottom