US: The Shield

Soldato
Haven't seen a thread for this, so thought I would start one. I've just started watching it, now about 6 episodes into the first season and thoroughly enjoying it.

Any other Shield fans out there? :)

Permabanned
I only started it about 1 year ago I think.

I watch 1st season then take a break and watch other shows as not to overdo it.

I have 2 seasons left to watch then its onto the Wire.

Permabanned
I used to watch shows seasons back to back but I think today I can get sick/fed up with it easier.

If you watched them as they were shown on air you would have 1 Ep per week and about 8month Gap on a show like say 24 (traditionally 24 Eps from Jan to April then off till next Jan so 8months).

Permabanned
Think you can get HD for S04 onwards, this was back in 2001 remember when it premiered.

FOX really are lame for not realising BluRay and should have done before the new 24 LAD as it would have flew of the shelf with a new breed of viewers.

I feel they will finally do it someday.

The DVD's does have a grain through them in early seasons.

Soldato
OP
I'll try and get into it again. I'm told how good it is and I'm eager to watch the latest season but I know I can't watch it without having seen all the previous ones.

Associate
I've just started watching the shield recently. Stormed through season 1 and now currently half way through season 2. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and think it's a fantastic show. I'm pleasantly surprised as I didn't have high hopes for it. Can't wait to see how the show develops. If I had to describe the show, I'd say it's like watching a TV show adaption of GTA lol.

Caporegime
I'm a big fan of good ol' Vic :).

Fantastic show, great cast and some under appreciated writing, cinematography and editing :), lovely stuff.

Soldato
This would probably get more views/replies in the main TV section, it's already broadcast in it's entirety, doesn't need to be in here. I only saw it myself as it was the first post showing in the sub-section part.

FTR...one of my top 5 shows, the number of people who haven't given this a chance is scandalous.

Soldato
Seems to be correct section AFAICS > "US TV shows discussion", does not stated current shows or new shows only. :confused:

However this sub-section was originally setup for people to discuss shows before they aired in the UK. The reason behind this was to avoid spoilers for people who waited and watched as the shows were broadcast/became available in the UK.

As explained here... http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18452375

I just genuinely think we'd get more feedback and activity for this particular thread if it was posted in the main section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom