The Ship - Source

Soldato
Hey all

I really enjoyed this game on the original HL1 engine, was pretty quirky and strangly fun.

This is the remake for source

theship12iq.jpg

theship24zo.jpg

Got some more if anyones interested :p

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Was a murder mystery adventure game that used the hl1 engine, apparently the source version will be a retail release.

Soldato
I don't see how their intending to make any money on this, I mean the orignal mod isn't even listed on the Steam Status page now so it's not like they have a hardcore group of fans out there, like say Sven Coop, who would instantly go out and purchase a retail version.
I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but it would have to be something very special if I'm going to go and spend $20 on. Pricing up a source engine license and the costs of delivering the game not only on steam but to retail stores as well I just can't see how their even going to manage to break even :confused:
Should have stayed a mod I feel...

Soldato
andshrew said:
I don't see how their intending to make any money on this, I mean the orignal mod isn't even listed on the Steam Status page now so it's not like they have a hardcore group of fans out there, like say Sven Coop, who would instantly go out and purchase a retail version.
I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but it would have to be something very special if I'm going to go and spend $20 on. Pricing up a source engine license and the costs of delivering the game not only on steam but to retail stores as well I just can't see how their even going to manage to break even :confused:
Should have stayed a mod I feel...
Well if it is good and gets good reviews it might do ok. And $20 is pretty cheap really. I love this about Steam, it allows smaller developers to make games on a smaller budget and release them for a lower price.

Soldato
OP
Zacko said:
I think I've seen that before, I'll take a look on the PCG demo later (Is it this months issue?)

Hey Zacko mate, those wernt taken from a demo, they were taken from the Gallery on this months PCG :)

EDIT:

Really funny video here http://www.theshiponline.com/videos/The Ship E3 Trailer.wmv

For those of you that didnt play it, i suggest you do :) It's really different from the rest of the steam games imo. The objective of the game is to asassinate the person that you have been asigned. Depending on what gun you use, you get more cash. But it's kind of got a bit of Sims mixed in, where you have to replenish your needs, e.g Sleep and Hunger :)

Last edited:
Soldato
benjo said:
Hey Zacko mate, those wernt taken from a demo, they were taken from the Gallery on this months PCG :)

EDIT:

Really funny video here http://www.theshiponline.com/videos/The Ship E3 Trailer.wmv

For those of you that didnt play it, i suggest you do :) It's really different from the rest of the steam games imo. The objective of the game is to asassinate the person that you have been asigned. Depending on what gun you use, you get more cash. But it's kind of got a bit of Sims mixed in, where you have to replenish your needs, e.g Sleep and Hunger :)

Yeah the original mod was awesome!

You had to follow your Quarry, once you worked out who it was, without them getting suspicious..

But there was only certain areas of the Ship that you could kill them in because the rest was covered by CCTV - killing in these secured areas would get you thrown in prison and points docked.

A couple of times i caught up with a quarry outside was about to kill them when they just managed to kill *their* quarry as i got to them!

Lol, so the round restarted and i had to do it all over again.

It's a very tactical game and constantly amusing. :D

Back
Top Bottom