Poll: *** The Snow Leopard Thread - All Related Posts In Here ***

Are you going to upgrade to Snow Leopard?

• Yes indeedy, that I am.

Votes: 236 85.2%
  • No sir, not a chance.

Votes: 41 14.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Hi All,

Quickie:
Will I be able to restore my applications from time machine, or will I have to re-install them?

Not a big problem just easier to restore from time machine.

Regards

Al

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The hype in this thread is epic.

(Been running it for a few weeks now :p)

Soldato
The hype in this thread is epic.

(Been running it for a few weeks now :p)

Well getting that additional one frame/sec for email makes all the difference :p Also we need to ensure we can blame the hype for the deflated feeling after :D

I thought about registered developer to get it a few months ago but to be honest I would not have had the time to do anything constructive.

Soldato
I wonder how many 'OH MY GODZ SNOWZ LEOPARDS IS ***** ' or 'WAI DID I PAY £25 FOR DIS?' threads start to appear?

They won't - they'll all be deleted or merged with this one (hence the subtle title change) ;)

I'm not saying this is a non-event but a lot of the technology will only make a difference once adopted by application developers. You'll then think that the application rocks.. sometimes it sucks to be the foundations.

Soldato
There were some other head scratchers we saw on various systems, too. On a 17-inch unibody we were putting through the paces, the WiFi inexplicably has gone out and we have yet to get it working again. On a 15-inch, older generation MacBook Pro (3,1), Spotlight will only fetch search results in the dropdown -- results in a Finder window come up empty. More annoyingly, on two other, newer models we were testing with, Safari crashes out when booting into 32-bit mode -- meaning even Apple's workaround doesn't seem to... er, work.

Guess who has a MBP 3,1 :/

Soldato
Additionally:
... antivirus vendor Intego notes that it has received multiple tips that Apple's forthcoming Snow Leopard operating system appears to contain at least some rudimentary antimalware capabilities.
Update: The Register notes that Apple has simply included information on two Trojan Horses, OSX.RSPlug.A and OSX.Iservice, in one of Snow Leopard's system files, identified to MacRumors as the following:

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.plist

While Apple could certainly update this file with identifying information for new threats that arise in the future, there does not appear to be a full-fledged antivirus package with regularly-updated virus definitions deployed in Snow Leopard.

Source: macrumours

Soldato
I'm waiting for Growl to be updated then I'll get it :).

How is Office 2004 performing in Snow Leopard? Can't seem to find much on the issue. Thanks

Soldato
argh the reviews seem to all mention booting into leopard then installing it

really hope i just can boot from the disc otherwise im going to have to fork out for a replacement leopard dvd. my leopard installation shows as being there but it just wont boot

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think someone is a little bit jealous they're not part of the hype. Like the child who opened all his presents before Christmas and has to watch everyone else open theirs on Christmas Day. :p.

I'm just thinking about the "SL.. disappointed" threads when people see there aren't many UI tweaks. If you're after speed then fair enough :p

@ andy.. if you boot off the DVD you can use Disk Utility to wipe the drive and install fresh*

I believe the disc will initally check for Leopard, but once you boot from the DVD then you're free to do what you wish.

* This is how I installed the dev copy

Back
Top Bottom