The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Mine was sent from Manchester, according to the tracking. They're definitely not UK or EU stock and they did quote Chinese new year as the reason for the delay :rolleyes:.
You’re right, it could be either. :)

Maybe it’s item dependant because I’ve had some ship from HK and some from the UK.

Maybe what I ordered wasn’t in stock in the UK so they shipped it over from their HK warehouse. :)

Associate
Slight conundrum. So i've got the Sony 24-105mm f4 lens and i'm needing something with a tad more reach - 100-400mm range. Do I A. Get the Sony 100-400GM for matching filters(don't have any yet) or B. Sell the 24-105mm and get the Tamron 28-75mm and Sigma 100-400mm with a potential chance of the Sony 1.8 20mm down the line. I can see me getting a use out of the Tamron, but obviously cant see any reason why i'd keep both that and the 24-105.

Associate
Tricky - I've owned the 24-105 and currently have the 28-75. The 24-105 is a more substantial lens. I found the size and f4 too limiting for my use (travel and street).

The 28-75 suits my needs better, but I notice the missing 4mm at the wide end more than the 30mm at the long end.

Both lenses will give great results, but the 24-105 feels like it has a smidge more micro contrast.

Do you often go out with a single lens?

Associate
Tricky - I've owned the 24-105 and currently have the 28-75. The 24-105 is a more substantial lens. I found the size and f4 too limiting for my use (travel and street).

The 28-75 suits my needs better, but I notice the missing 4mm at the wide end more than the 30mm at the long end.

Both lenses will give great results, but the 24-105 feels like it has a smidge more micro contrast.

Do you often go out with a single lens?

Usually i do yeah, but i've got a camera bag with plenty space. Equally the filters aren't so much of a big deal I suppose, can always opt for the LEE100 system. Might not be worth the faf of buying and selling to essentially get the same thing, will need to have a wee think.

Soldato
Would anyone here have any thoughts on the FE 28-60 F4-5.6 kit lens that comes with the A7C?

Eventually I'd like to get a few nice primes etc, but initially myself and the OH will be using the camera for a few video projects, so I'm thinking this might be good enough to get us started. She wants to use it as an overhead camera for art tutorials, and I want to do some talking head stuff for some video essays and the like.

Soldato
So I've decided to go for the A7C with 28-60mm kit lens. VERY excited! What essential accessories should I be buying (I have memory cards, cleaning equipment, camera bags etc already)? Any recommendations for spare batteries, chargers etc?

Soldato
So I've decided to go for the A7C with 28-60mm kit lens. VERY excited! What essential accessories should I be buying (I have memory cards, cleaning equipment, camera bags etc already)? Any recommendations for spare batteries, chargers etc?
Only thing I added was a screen protector. But it's a great feature that you can spin the screen right round while in your bag to avoid scratches anyway.
Not needed a spare battery so far I don't even fear taking the camera or with less than 50% charge like I did with my previous A7R.
Charging wise I just plug the camera in, sure it's slow but I treat it like my phone and plug it in overnight.

Soldato
Only thing I added was a screen protector. But it's a great feature that you can spin the screen right round while in your bag to avoid scratches anyway.
Not needed a spare battery so far I don't even fear taking the camera or with less than 50% charge like I did with my previous A7R.
Charging wise I just plug the camera in, sure it's slow but I treat it like my phone and plug it in overnight.
Thanks Rob - good info. I may just wing it then and pick up extras if/when the need arises.

Back
Top Bottom