****The Sony RX100 Series Owners and Tips Thread****

Soldato
Picked up the RX100 IV whilst waiting for the Nikon to be released. What cute little thing. The menus (being the same as my A7) made it a breeze to setup, though it has some additional features I need to learn more about.

Did Munge, post a link to the grip he was using on pp2? Looks good. Is sony's own screen protector worth it? I've got a Fogta one on the A7 which shattered, though did it's job protecting the screen underneath.

Associate
Did Munge, post a link to the grip he was using on pp2? Looks good. Is sony's own screen protector worth it? I've got a Fogta one on the A7 which shattered, though did it's job protecting the screen underneath.

Mine was (I think) just a Sony one, don't recall it being anything special. Bought from camera shop in Townsville. Other than adhesive quality and personal feel of the finish, am sure they're all pretty much of a muchness. Certainly wasn't expensive, thinking maybe £10 or less? Can't really recall exactly.

Man of Honour
Here's a few of the (1000s) I took with a MK1 on holiday recently using a Meikon underwater case.
I had to muck around with the white balance a bit and I'm pretty happy with the results, as a novice.
They're far better than the last ones I took underwater with some Olympus waterproof jobbie -

Unfortunately though there seems to be a blob in the middle of all my pictures now which you can see in the one below.
I assume this is either on the inside of the lens or on the sensor, is this something that you can get fixed?

Associate
Unfortunately though there seems to be a blob in the middle of all my pictures now which you can see in the one below.
I assume this is either on the inside of the lens or on the sensor, is this something that you can get fixed?

I think you'll find that's Karma for going to such a nice resort!

Seriously though, I can't really see how it could get inside the camera itself as it has non-removable lenses, but could imagine it easily being on the front, although I assume you've checked that! I'd imagine it'd have to go back to Sony.

That beach picture should be pretty easy to clone it out though, bit harder if there's detail behind it on other pics.

Really interested in the underwater case though. Only ever used a cheap dive company supplied Canon camera which worked okay but was quite limited. I use a red filter with my GoPro which makes a massive difference. Can you get one for the Meikon? Probably better than fiddling with white balance etc, although did see a very good walk through by a guy on how to pretty effectively correct for the colour change at depth. I'll post if I find the link.

Back
Top Bottom