The sorry state of PC Gaming

Soldato
Yeah it may get boring for persons who post 1000's of replys and have been on here of month / years, but for the new folk maybe not that boring as there have been some contructive replies other than nit picking and critisicium.
I have only expressed my view of the latest big releases of PC gaming from my point of view.
But having recieved the response that i have im off to find
newforumuserswelcome.com! Talk about hung up and bitchy!
What a repsonse!

okaaaay, byyyyyeee :)

Soldato
There's something funny about seeing people go 'PC gaming isn't dead' despite having to say that in threads by different people literally every one or two days.

Caporegime
Yeah it may get boring for persons who post 1000's of replys and have been on here of month / years, but for the new folk maybe not that boring as there have been some contructive replies other than nit picking and critisicium.

criticism*

No it has nothing to do with post count, a stupid knee jerk thread is a stupid knee jerk thread no matter who started it.

You could have posted a "hello I'm new thread" in the general discussion, or you could have posted your criticisms of the game in the **Official thread** which wasn't far down on the first page of the PC Games sub forum.

I have only expressed my view of the latest big releases of PC gaming from my point of view.

You'd have been better off replying in the **Official thread** Like I've said twice.

But having recieved the response that i have im off to find
newforumuserswelcome.com! Talk about hung up and bitchy!
What a repsonse!

What did you expect?

I've pointed out that you possibly went about this in the wrong manor and you've just said "oh your picking on me I'm going".

You're also, not allowed to swear so please edit out the swear word.

Soldato
@The OP - Your choice, you haven't really given these forums much of a go though have you? This a very good community forum full of good info and lots of people who will go out of their way to assist you.

I suggest you take 5 and reconsider leaving and not posting again, you will most certainly be missing out if you do so. :cool:

FWIW, I agree with your sentiments as far as OpFlash DR goes.

Associate
I can kinda see where this guy is coming from who has left. Seems a bit silly to post on here if youve seen it all before. The helpful thing to have done would not been to have maybe copy and pasted the link here, which would have helped rather then hinder no ? Not to mention if youve seen it all before why reply ? Your not forced too. Been here for around 2 days and to be honest apart from the apparent regulars seems to be quite a hostile forum, but only to the new people. Shame really as i was looking forward to been part of discussions.

/ keyboard muscles ftl

Associate
I agree 4Play, there are plenty of cynical, cyber-bullies out there who seem to enjoy throwing their weight around. It really is a sad indictment on their way of thinking which should hopefully be quite embarrassing for them to look back on, if they ever grow up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What?
Seriously?

This guy misses the 700 reply thread about his game, and opts to make a knee jerk thread about PC gaming being awful because of one game failed to live up to it's expectation.

These threads get slated, regardless of who makes them, 1 million posts or one post.

Soldato
Why did you buy Operation Flashpoint over Amred Assault 2, it was obvious that OP2 would be "more console friendly".

Just buy Armed Assault 2!!
Armed assault 2 isn't "non-console friendly" though, its just plain unfriendly :p

If there ever was a game that is harder to get into, I haven't seen it yet.

Caporegime
Of course theres dissappointing PC games, like theres bad console games, bad films, bad tv shows, etc, etc.

These days quantity over quality rules, too many idiots who two years ago played a NES grew up to be bad bad games programmers. Too many studio's with too little talent spread amongst them. Even good programmers will make the odd turd, while bad programming teams will rarely if ever luck upon a great game.

Theres more good games every year than their used to be, theres just exponentially more bad games than there used to be being released alongside them.

My crude but fairly effective way to curb dissappointment, at tv, films, games and anything else, is read no previews, no reviews, no hype, no nothing. Play the game when its done, if its great, woohoo, if its a turd, I barely knew about it anyway so who cares.

Yup, live life with no expectations and find yourself pleasantly surprised far more often :( :) :( not sure if thats a good or bad thing tbh anymore.

Problem is, more than anything, with stupid crap like this, and the Farcry/fc2/crysis situations are, stupid dev's keeping hold of game titles but using entirely different teams of programmers, changing the key demographic they are aiming for and utterly and entirely changing a game, but keeping the name. You can't help, in op flashpoints case, not being a little dissappointed if you ever played the first game. In reality, its simply not a sequal though, just a stolen name stuck over a box with a big stinking turd in it.

Associate
Apologies if this thread is another repeat of what has

Hey you don't have to apologise to people on here. Some people on here are worse then woman nattering over the garden fence. It's a forum.

If the people who reply "Move along, seen this before. " or the utterly patronising "<insert game title here> IT'S A LET DOWN, PC GAMING IS **** AND IT'S GOING DOWN THE PAN."

If these numpties want to be so arsey then why do they firstly read the post then write a reply ...... just move on and look away ..... annoys me :mad:

Caporegime
If these numpties want to be so arsey then why do they firstly read the post then write a reply ...... just move on and look away ..... annoys me :mad:

Not the "numpties" that start these threads?

A knee jerk reaction to something they don't like, there is already a very large thread about the game in question, which has been pointed out, and these threads occur every few days, which has been pointed out.

Associate
Not the "numpties" that start these threads?

A knee jerk reaction to something they don't like, there is already a very large thread about the game in question, which has been pointed out, and these threads occur every few days, which has been pointed out.

...and who are you exactly?

are you you the forum Police? ... .just move move on .....

Soldato
have to say for the first time i do feel as though the pc is lacking a good online fps game.
apart from the cod series do we really have anything of late ? i have cod 5 but wasnt that keen on it and friends have put me off cod 4 saying there is way too much nade spam.

etqw ...played the beta and felt it was crap
left 4 dead...played at a friends ..great fun for a while but i want large battles
tried the demo of arma 2 but erm no thanks
had most of my hopes in rtcw 2 but wow what a joke
operation flashpoint 2 isnt even real online mp...its more suited to lan play

i have tried others like battlefield 2..again another great game but i want something concentrating more on soldiers and less vehicles. quake rtcw css style.

Caporegime
Online FPS?

Left 4 Dead.
Team Fortress II.
Counter Striker: Source.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty 5: World at War.
BattleField 2.
Armed Assault 2.
Operation Flashpoint 2.
BattleField Heroes.
Quake Live.
BattleField 2142.
Unreal Tournament 3.

Can't be bothered to list anymore.

I certainly wouldn't say the PC "lacks" a good online first person shooter.

Back
Top Bottom