1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sound BlasterX AE-5 Owners' Club

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by lnoton, 3 Apr 2018.

1. biuro74

Wise Guy

From what I know AE does feature just better DAC which gives better samplerate & bit depth, but regarding to surround settings lacks the CMSS 3D. Sound quality is not what I expect (however I know it will be great) :) but really want to adjust surround to have my 5.1 speakers working, and not be partially deaf due to mostly stereo content I've got. Hence my question - what is the way to make a surround from stereo here, because I didn't receive card yet, so maybe it's still a time to return :)

2. Robert

Capodecina

Stupid question, can I add a headphone amp to my ae5 or is the ae9 a worthy upgrade or something else?

3. Gee

Mobster

AE-5 already has an amp built in?

4. C64

Capodecina

got an ae5 plus the headphones amps as good if not better than my schiit magni which is collecting dust

5. Casdawer

Mobster

Just installed my AE-5 after buying it off the MM.

Had the Sound Blaster Omni USB before this and the AE-5 is a fantastic upgrade.

That's not to say the Omni was bad, but damn.

Get my PC38x next week and can't wait to plug them in. Kinda wish I kept my HD599s just to experience them through this card.

6. Robert

Capodecina

Really tempted to upgrade my 12+ year old 595s to some hd6xxs.

Debating whether to get a desk mic (Elgato) or modmic to replace my cheap zalman. Not that I use it much...but they’re shiny!

7. Casdawer

Mobster

The 6XXs are on my wishlist however I just took receipt of the PC38x and paired with the AE-5, I'm a very very happy man.

8. iMacMart

Capodecina

Morning all, can someone link me to the latest W10 drivers for this card please? Thanks

9. mario64

Associate

Hi all,

First time poster here. I just got my AE-5 Plus installed using the latest driver. It’s connected via line out (L/R) to my ProMedia 2.1 system. The problem I’m having is the volume is just too strong. In Windows I have to drop it down to 20 and even then I still have to turn the speaker volume knob almost all the way down. I also get a loud pop from the speakers when I power off my computer. It’s like the output gain is way too high. Is there a setting for this? Should I be using the headphone jack instead?

Thank you,
    Mario