• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
This release is a joke. Where are the reviews?
Where can we buy them?
What are the prices?

Like wtf?
Looking at the disastrous launches of PS5, Xbox and RTX 3000, it seems AMD has decided to release absolutely no info to combat the bots and scalpers. Everything will be released at the last minute, including the purchase links, so that scalpers don't get enough time to react. It could also be driver issues though.

Soldato
You can thank AMD embargo for that, it should have been lifted a lot earlier than the time of release.

But but it's the final countdown.. Actually looking forward to the reviews, even being an owner of 2x 3090s. I just like tech what can I say and hope they do have something good or we will never get out of these silly prices without real competition.

:D

Soldato
Associate
Can anyone tell me the best way of running quad monitors from the 6800XT?

I have triple 1440p 144hz monitors, ideally using Display Port, then a 60hz 3440x1440 monitor.

With a RTX3080 this would be simple as they have 3xDP ports and 1xHDMI...

Thanks.

Associate
I think the fact they are not releasing reviews/benchies until the cards are actually on sale only increases the potential for scalpers/resellers.

people can't make an informed choice without reviews/benchmarks, so people will simply buy them, see they are/are not better/worse than they want them to be, then resell them.

No reviews simply makes matters worse... in my view.
I agree with you. I don't understand why AMD have this policy.

Associate
The fact there are no reviews is sketchy to me, maybe they are trying to hide crap cards and dump on them the eager beavers lol.
They've used the tactic in the past for some underwhelming GPU releases, but why use it for Ryzen 5000 and now the 6000 series. It makes now sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom