The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Trailer looks good, and to be fair, having two good motoring programmes is an enviable position especially when one starts as the other ends.

Already looks like a more enjoyable watch without Chris Evans....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think this will be much better and as an comedic actor Le Blanc leaves the 3 old geezers in the weeds and let's be honest, the entire show is acting these days.

Associate
Hopefully this season is better, not only with Chris Evans not being in it, but also because in the last series it seemed like they were trying to 'get one over' on the previous cast, I think they mentioned how they got custody of the Stig a couple of times, and a few other digs were used. They also didn't seem to work well as a team as Chris Evans had to be at the centre of everything and shout about it.

Soldato
For me that video is gone? Maybe this one -

I notice it actually has a lot of thumbs down at the moment, (3,500 up to 1,500 down) which seems odd?

The comments are mainly positive, but one does mention 'Why still the Top Gear hate? Evans is gone, get over it'.

Associate
Hopefully they've made it more their own show now, rather than a cheap clone of the Clarkson era. Fingers crossed it's good.

Man of Honour
Matt LeBlanc personally I think is the best we are ever going to get in terms of keeping the spirit of old Top Gear while not just aping the old presenters or taking it in a completely new direction.

Chris Harris's car segments are excellent but in the studio very hit and miss, great one moment, unengaging the next - he really needs someone other than LeBlanc to play off and I don't feel him and Reid work.

Rory Reid I don't really feel on the main TG - I liked the Extra Gear stuff some decent bite sized segments that were good for watching on the commute, etc. but IMO it has to be either him or Harris on the main show and then someone else that really works with whichever one and LeBlanc to really take the show to the level it needs to be and TBH I would pick Harris over Reid but I suspect a lot of people would have a different opinion over which one of the two.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Matt LeBlanc personally I think is the best we are ever going to get in terms of keeping the spirit of old Top Gear while not just aping the old presenters or taking it in a completely new direction.

Chris Harris's car segments are excellent but in the studio very hit and miss, great one moment, unengaging the next - he really needs someone other than LeBlanc to play off and I don't feel him and Reid work.

Rory Reid I don't really feel on the main TG - I liked the Extra Gear stuff some decent bite sized segments that were good for watching on the commute, etc. but IMO it has to be either him or Harris on the main show and then someone else that really works with whichever one and LeBlanc to really take the show to the level it needs to be and TBH I would pick Harris over Reid but I suspect a lot of people would have a different opinion over which one of the two.

+1 on the I dont find Rory that entertaining in a factual or humorous way as i do the other 2 and find his personality a tad bland.

Back
Top Bottom