Associate
GOLDEN TEMPLE by wardo1984, on Flickr

people of Nepal by wardo1984, on Flickr

Laos children by wardo1984, on Flickr

Travels 2014 by wardo1984, on Flickr

E-PL1 with the kits lens, was really nice just having a smallish camera, only decided to buy it off ebay before the trip but glad I did rather than taking just a compact. It was really enjoyable just snapping away and experimenting with it.

Soldato
OP
Nice set, the golden temple shot is a cracker, ha.

Somewhat off topic but I'm considering finally indulging my foveon craving and swapping my (backup) GX1 and 14mm for a DP1 Merril. Second hand prices are pretty similar and they cover the same focal length. I normally use the GX1 +14mm combo for when I just want to chuck something in a pocket, and I'd still have the E-M5 for low light and wideangle work, although I'd then be without a fast prime to use with it.

To be honest the GX1 hasn't seen a lot of use because it isn't really substantially smaller than the E-M5.

Hmm.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Actually I just checked and apparently the new 17-14 and 300 f/4 aren't due until some time in 2015.

Can't wait for the 300mm f/4, I hope the AF is great.

Not really bothered about the oly 7-14mm, f/2.8 since the penny 7-14mm f/4.0 is so good and I wouldn't need the extra stop.

Caporegime
Like I say with all lenses I always buy depending on my needs, hence the shortlist I wrote up, the 7-14 will be perfecto for me but the 300mm as awesome as it will be...just won't be suitable for me.

Soldato
I went FF with a D600 but the size and weight of the thing put me off so much I sold it and ended up with

Olympus EM5 + 2 Part Grip
Olympus 12-50mm
Panasonic 45-175mm
Olympus 45mm F1.8

I'm after something next with more reach such as the 100-300 or the 75-300 or maybe go for the 35-100 F2.8 but depends on funds etc.

Soldato
Those of you with CSC, what bag do you use?

I'm looking for something small, but crucially I'd prefer something in a sling format which is quite close to the body/secure and also free to move around my body (from front to back, for example) for access. Seeing as I only have my kit lens for now and a 20mm pancake on the way, I don't have a lot of kit, so space for an extra card and a battery should be fine.

Soldato
OP

I'm looking for something small, but crucially I'd prefer something in a sling format which is quite close to the body/secure and also free to move around my body (from front to back, for example) for access. Seeing as I only have my kit lens for now and a 20mm pancake on the way, I don't have a lot of kit, so space for an extra card and a battery should be fine.

I bought a Chinese Maxpedition Fatboy clone for about a tenner on ebay. Not terribly trendy but lots of little pockets for bits n bobs and plenty of space in the main pocket for a CSC and a couple of smaller lenses. I also got a Jumbo version for £20 which will happily take two bodies, a couple of extra lenses and a travel tripod for when I have all my gear with me.

I'm sure there will be any number of swankier options!

Associate

I use a crumpler slingshot 150. Very robust, took it travelling for four months where it was also used as my "man bag" to keep my wallet and phone along with the camera. In hindsight I should have gone for the 300 as I could then comfortably keep another small lens like a pancake at the bottom of the bag. It is nice because it doesn't scream camera bag and I also could strap it round my waste like a belt which was excellent for hiking.

Associate
I use the Lowepro SlingShot AW 200, superb slingshot for M4/3 gear & it's not very big aswell, had no problems fitting 2 bodies and a few lenses into it had a few years and still looks good as new, but i'm not sure they make it now but plenty of sale on ebay for not much money.

Back
Top Bottom