The value of Re-Mapping Diesal Engine Cars

Man of Honour
Defcon5 said:
If doing this makes the engine use more fuel how can it not alter mpg?

(forgive my noobness)

Because you (generally) don't have to rev the engine as hard as you would have done before to get the same output, hence overall you'll use less fuel.

If you drive the car in exactly the same manner as you did before the chip, you'll find fuel economy goes down. However if you use the increased power/torque to change up earlier and so on, you'll see no change, or maybe even a slight reduction.

Soldato
Vertigo1 said:
As another measure of his god-like driving abilities, in the 190bhp Rover he was only 20s off Tom's time in the M5!

22 seconds! :p

and has lost the will to live - he fears nothing! :D

Soldato
schnipps said:
An extra 70bhp from a remap alone?

Seriously i doubt that.

I am getting mine remapped (Revo'd) in a few weeks which will take it from 150 to 190 and up the torque to 290. The VAG diesels respond really well to remaps and as for the mpg comments its well known they dont make it any worse, if anything its slightly better, also companies like Revo invest heavily in R+D for remaps and so no it wont put excess stress on the car at the setting they provide.

You could got for a custom map and take the 150 lump over 200bhp, i think 220 is achievable but then you are getting into clutch problems etc, 190 from the 150 is not going to stress the car.

Also it wont effect residuals as you can disable it via SPS and as for warranty its unlikely they would notice as its undetectable and can be disabled, even SEAT themselves said when i bought my car they dont mind remaps and actually even provide a remap service at a main dealer.

Ans no people dont JUST buy diesels for economy, thats a part of it but some also like the power delivery, there is nothing wrong atall with wantinbg to get an extra chunk of bhp if its just sitting there waiting to be "unlocked".

I beg to differ

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=5388

;)
Description Software for the 1.9CDTI range.

Releases 200BHP from the 120/150bhp engine with an amazing 350 ft/lb torque.

The software provides this constantly smooth power from low in the rev range up to far higher in the rev range than standard eliminating the 'gutless' feeling at higher rpm.

The massive torque provides effortless cruising ability and awesome motorway overtaking.
Price £480.00

Last edited:
Caporegime
Firestar_3x said:
Andy has no driving tallet at all, he just has a lead boot a good grip of the steering wheel and exceptional faith in his tyres :p

And who needs anything more!!!! :cool:

Caporegime
What you remeber little old me, Ahhhh that's nice!!!! :D :cool:

Unles of course I am being remebered for something awful in which case, it was not me it was the other guy, (looks just like me but isn't :D)

Anyways I have been around just not posting as much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom