***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I need a reasonably priced battery/box thing that has temperature control, dont really want to spend much more than £50. Any suggestions?

Including tank? Kanger Topbox Mini starter kit? You can get a black or white for £38 on rainforest, or go for the sexy platinum version for just under £50.

Mine has served me well, though am upgrading soon to a Sigelei 213 + Uwell Crown 2.

Permabanned
Already got 2 kanger tanks, not keen in making my own coils anymore as the rba decks in kangers were never as good as premade coils(when I made them). I accidentally bought 4 packs of SSOCC coils and they dont work on my KBOX Mini so thought I would look for a new box. :)

Don
Why don't they work with the Kbox mini? They are just normal Kanthal coils. Well, they could be titanium, ni200, kanthal or SS actually depending on what version you bought. The SS part of SSOCC doesn't mean that they are SS coils, just that the coil casing is made from SS. Kind of misleading TBH.
Even if they were SS coils they will work with your Kbox just only on power mode.

Soldato
For a new Box mod to replace the Kanger... VTC Mini or Eleaf Pico, both 75w, both use a single 18650 and have a 1amp USB charging board, both do TC for SS/NI/TI and support custom TCR.
You can get both from Fasttech delivered for under £30 each :)

Soldato
Evening fellas, back again for some help.

Bought a Joytech mini after some recommendations on here and then popped into a new vape shop that opened near my office. They didn't sell the brand of juice I usually get, van Dyke vapes, so he recommended I try this other one called element, pink grapefruit flavour.

I gave it a go and was pretty happy with it, very smooth and whatnot.

Anyway I was chugging away on that but then towards the end of the bottle I started to notice it got proper harsh on my throat, like how it gets when it's a dry pull or the setting is just way too high.

I assumed it was just because there wasn't much juice in the thing so I went back to the shop, told the guy and he tried it, asked how old the coil was and when I told him it was like a month he said change it.

I bought some more juice and another coil, went home and changed it, filled it back up and it's possibly even harsher than before now. Then I checked the strength and saw I had 6mg and before I had 3mg, I'd bought both though this time so I emptied it out, filled it back up with 3 and guess what, it's still harsher than a holocaust joke.

The guy said the wattage should be around 15 but there it's really harsh and quite cloudy so I reduced it down to about 7w and it's hardly pulling anything but what it is, is super harsh.

Anyone any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated with it now, I had my mvp 2.0 and nautilus mini for over a year without anywhere near this much hassle, I'd go back to it if it wasn't a nightmare to refill every time.

Permabanned
Why don't they work with the Kbox mini? They are just normal Kanthal coils. Well, they could be titanium, ni200, kanthal or SS actually depending on what version you bought. The SS part of SSOCC doesn't mean that they are SS coils, just that the coil casing is made from SS. Kind of misleading TBH.
Even if they were SS coils they will work with your Kbox just only on power mode.

Says on the back of the box

"Risk of battery explosion. NI 200 is designed for use only with devices equipped with circuit boards capable of controlling coil temperature."

Guess I should have said Ni 200 SSOCC? :)

Soldato
Chroniclad, your coil heads are Ni200 Temp Control coil heads, and the SSOCC just refers to the shape and model of coil head, not the wire inside.
SSOCC coil heads are cylindrical as opposed to the older Square coil heads that originally came with the older kanger sub tanks.

Soldato
Evening fellas, back again for some help.

Bought a Joytech mini after some recommendations on here and then popped into a new vape shop that opened near my office. They didn't sell the brand of juice I usually get, van Dyke vapes, so he recommended I try this other one called element, pink grapefruit flavour.

I gave it a go and was pretty happy with it, very smooth and whatnot.

Anyway I was chugging away on that but then towards the end of the bottle I started to notice it got proper harsh on my throat, like how it gets when it's a dry pull or the setting is just way too high.

I assumed it was just because there wasn't much juice in the thing so I went back to the shop, told the guy and he tried it, asked how old the coil was and when I told him it was like a month he said change it.

I bought some more juice and another coil, went home and changed it, filled it back up and it's possibly even harsher than before now. Then I checked the strength and saw I had 6mg and before I had 3mg, I'd bought both though this time so I emptied it out, filled it back up with 3 and guess what, it's still harsher than a holocaust joke.

The guy said the wattage should be around 15 but there it's really harsh and quite cloudy so I reduced it down to about 7w and it's hardly pulling anything but what it is, is super harsh.

Anyone any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated with it now, I had my mvp 2.0 and nautilus mini for over a year without anywhere near this much hassle, I'd go back to it if it wasn't a nightmare to refill every time.

iirc element liquids are coil killers, high in sweeteners, check your coil it may need replaced even if it is quite new.

Soldato
iirc element liquids are coil killers, high in sweeteners, check your coil it may need replaced even if it is quite new.

It is very sweet but the coil is brand new, as in I popped it out of the packet, put it in and it was too harsh.

I have another coil that I think tolerates higher wattage, will that make any difference?

Soldato
with heavy VG juices like elements you need to prime and allow the the coils to soak for a bit. If it's a new coil and it wasn't prime/soaked correctly, it either burns out giving you a harsh burnt taste for the rest of the coil or the juice just forms a layer on top of the cotton, causing spliting and harsh hits. Elements is really design for dippers as it's so darn thick but will work with tanks like the cleito where the wick holes are massive.

New coils can take a while to break in before they work correctly.. depending on the coil; the length can vary, it's best to start of low and work it upwards to what you normally vape at.

Soldato
with heavy VG juices like elements you need to prime and allow the the coils to soak for a bit. If it's a new coil and it wasn't prime/soaked correctly, it either burns out giving you a harsh burnt taste for the rest of the coil or the juice just forms a layer on top of the cotton, causing spliting and harsh hits. Elements is really design for dippers as it's so darn thick but will work with tanks like the cleito where the wick holes are massive.

New coils can take a while to break in before they work correctly.. depending on the coil; the length can vary, it's best to start of low and work it upwards to what you normally vape at.

Hmm, didn't know that. I did just whack it in and start trying to chug it immediately. Do you think I've blown the coil? Should I try it again tomorrow when it's soaked in or change it now but risk another coil? Tempted to go back to my old nautilus and Van dyke juice but I could give it another go.

Soldato
Hmm, didn't know that. I did just whack it in and start trying to chug it immediately. Do you think I've blown the coil? Should I try it again tomorrow when it's soaked in or change it now but risk another coil? Tempted to go back to my old nautilus and Van dyke juice but I could give it another go.

it doesn't need to be long... just pour a little bit of juice over the cotton in the coil and the wick wells then let it sit for 5-10 mins...

certain coils like the cleito took about 5/6 tanks before it broke in correctly and started working well.. before that it was harsh as hell...

Soldato
Novavapes/Novajuice

Wasn't 100% (wow'd) with ECR_EU.

Rainbow Dust is fantastic! Palma Violets with extra ??? is the best way I can describe it :D will make sure I stock up whilst the 30% offer is live.

Strawberry Milk is pretty nice although as with most creamy/desert juices will benefit from plenty of steeping time.

Would love to know where the bloke at Nova sources his bottles they are great! Perhaps ill drop him an email and try to find out.

My DIY stock pile needs a clear out, Will be using http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/ (Provided by Gee a while back) for some solid recipes.. The Milkmon clone gets a lot of praise/attention so will start there and try to develop a decent stockpile of good cheap juice. Any recommendations that stand out? particularly aimed at the DIY veterans.. I tend to like fruity vapes, sweet and sugary vapes with the occasional desert flavour usually with a predominant flavour such as strawberry for example.

--------------

I also have shinyitous my IPV3 LI hasn't missed a beat but would like something to go alongside it was thinking the RX200 (I know, late to the party) unless anyone has any dual/triple battey mod recommendations or should wait out for something being released in the near future? I only use power mode haven't bothed with TC since my botched attempts with titanium :o

Last edited:
Soldato
For power only get a Tesla invader 3, absolutely love mine for power builds, very cheap too! Just make sure to pair it with decent batteries e.g. hg2...

The Tesla Invader looks a great mod and I have heard great things although since my main mod atm is the IPV3 LI I find the Invader is too similar shape wise. In the near future I want to pick up a 24mm dripper which is where the RX200 appeals the most since it won't overhang aswell as only being a couple of quid more expensive. Decisions :p

Soldato
overhang is minimal with 24/25mm on the invader 3, I hate overhang and its my daily driver with either the supreme, Griffin 25 or tsunami 24.

The shape is similar to the LI, but much much smaller, its barely larger then the pair of 18650's inside it.

One thing I will stress as I don't see it mentioned in the manual for it, if you do go for it, remove your atty, or bare minimum slacken it off a few turns, before removing/fitting batteries. The positive and negative contacts in the sled are both spring loaded, the positive under the 510 locks/stiffens up when something is screwed into it and as I found, it WILL destroy your battery wraps right over the positive pole.

Soldato
You have sold it to me although just my luck I'm wanting Stainless Steel and it's just gone out of stock on DNA Vapes :/ Prices elsewhere aren't competative so will be a waiting game. Okay thanks, Will remember to do that when swapping out the batteries!

Edit: Found one for same price as DNA Vapes

Last edited:
Soldato
Vapor Shark release two revamps on their mods this weekend...

Vapor Shark flask dna 133 and the rdna 133, both dna 200s running dual 18650 mods and hopefully they have kept the shark built proof quality control. as the recent sxj flask and wismec flasks have felt like tin.

looking forward to seeing them both. :)

Associate
So I thought it would be a good idea to take my velocity clone out on a night out and I might have possibly miss placed the drip tip after a few too many shandys...I'm a bit confused as to what size I should be looking for? Anyone care to help me out?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom