***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Really liking the iStick Pico although I think it's time to upgrade my Subtank for something better. Any recommendations? Prefer flavour over clouds. MAGE RTA? Goblin? Billow?

Also, I've been using mortonsmysticalmix - really like their Hisenburg but a tad pricey. I bought Apple Sourz and Blu Burg from Jackamoo which I'm looking forward to.

Serpent Mini is a good match for the iStick Pico. Looks great on it and is a lovely little tank for flavour.

Permabanned
Really liking the iStick Pico although I think it's time to upgrade my Subtank for something better. Any recommendations? Prefer flavour over clouds. MAGE RTA? Goblin? Billow?

Also, I've been using mortonsmysticalmix - really like their Hisenburg but a tad pricey. I bought Apple Sourz and Blu Burg from Jackamoo which I'm looking forward to.

I've never liked my Goblin Mini at all. I find it a real pain to build on, finicky as hell to get it wicking right and a terrible juice fill system.

Love my Billow though and no doubt people have already mentioned how great the Serpent Mini is, so long as you don't mind being limited to single coil builds. The Griffin is still a great shout too.

Permabanned

Nice man! Been wanting that Snow Wolf for a while now... just can't quite justify the price in my head!

Absolutely gorgeous in gunmetal.

Not the most comfortable mod, but sits better in my hand than X Cube II

I was buying them for £40 each, but with the drop in exchange rate that's more like £50 now. Good mark-up on these units :)

Permabanned
Absolutely gorgeous in gunmetal.

Not the most comfortable mod, but sits better in my hand than X Cube II

I was buying them for £40 each, but with the drop in exchange rate that's more like £50 now. Good mark-up on these units :)

Damn, that's a great price! Only ever seen them going from upwards of £70!

Soldato
I've never liked my Goblin Mini at all. I find it a real pain to build on, finicky as hell to get it wicking right and a terrible juice fill system.

Love my Billow though and no doubt people have already mentioned how great the Serpent Mini is, so long as you don't mind being limited to single coil builds. The Griffin is still a great shout too.

How does flavour compare on all the ones you have?

Permabanned
How does flavour compare on all the ones you have?

I'd honestly have to say the Griffin takes it. The 25 at least, I've never tried the original. It's a reasonably large build deck for an RTA, I've even managed to squeeze juggernaut coils in it before. Never had a leaking issue and the flavour is bang on point every time, especially with Nichrome builds.

The Serpent Mini is a very, very close second though. Dead easy to build on with some nice fat juice wells so you can be generous with your wick. That's not to say the Griffin doesn't have either of these going for it. But as this is a single coil only, naturally your going to have more space to work with.

The Billow is just a solid all rounder, despite the fact it's not quite as good as the others I use it the most. It just feels reliable and sturdy.

A lot of people are rating RDTA's like the Limitless and the Avocado these days, but I'm not such a fan. Flavour isn't as good for me personally and I find they both gulp down juice, the Limitless especially.

Last edited:
Soldato
So RTA, its like a rda where you make your own coils yeah but has the benefit of using a tank so you dont have to keep opening ur rda to drip juice on as i never could just drip down the hole when you take the mouth piece off. So yeah erm that appeals to me as it means i dont have to buy ready made coils as im comfortable enough now at making my own 27 kanthal a1 i think it is coils which come out about 1.4ohm. Would getting one of these be good for me. If so is there any good ones for about £15 max thats easy to use and keep clean and doesnt leak as in leaks to where the bottom where it touches the battery connector like my naut mini does which i hate when it happens, dont think it ever did that with the magma clone i have. Needs to be really good at tasting flavs tho not just tasteless or mild tasting clouds. M2L user btw.

Sounds like you need a Kayfun clone my man! I've only used the Mini V3 and the V5, though they're basically identical, the V5 is just a scaled up, slightly improved version.

I got the SXK Mini V3 from Fasttech and SJMY V5 from 3fvape, and both are excellent quality. Both have top-fill and juice-flow control, are super simple to build, and give outstanding flavour.

As for the differences:

Size: Mini V3 is 19mm wide, V5 is 22mm. Both are quite tall, so while the V5 will sit nice and flush on your iStick 30, if height is an issue, the Mini wins. However capacity-wise, the V3 is 2ml, the V5 is 4.5ml I think. V5 also comes with a steel tank section that ups that to 5ml, or as an unbreakable option.

Airflow: The Mini V3 is a pain to adjust. It requires taking the tank off your mod, unscrewing the 510 pin, and poking a small flathead inside the tank, while you draw on it to find your sweet spot. In contrast, the V5 is much simpler, there is a ring on the bottom that lifts up to reveal an octagonal piece inside, with dots on each side, from 1 to 4 (mirrored on the opposite side). You turn the ring to the dots you want, and slide it back down.

However, the V5 on the tightest setting is a fairly loose draw. The Mini V3 can be adjusted much tighter than the V5. Plus, it's a continuous adjustment, rather than the four "steps" of the V5. I'd say 2-dots on the V5 is equivalent to fully open on the V3, and 1-dot on the V5 is 1.5x as open as the Nautilus Mini on it's max airflow (though I can't remember, it's been nearly a year since I had one of those).

As another option, there is an airflow reduction kit for the V5, but as far as I'm aware, the only one available is the official one, which comes in at £9 extra for a few tiny pieces. It's an option though, don't rule out the V5 just because of the airflow, I love the M2L draw of it.

Build deck: Much improved on the V5. The V3 is simple, you have two screws, you trap the leads under the screws, bob's your uncle. However it can be fiddly getting those leads to catch. The V5 improves on it by having some "guides", so the wire will sit underneath the head of the screw, between the guides and threads. A simple addition, but it's so much easier to build. As far as wicking, both are super simple, you just thread cotton through, and tuck it into the channel, making sure the cotton is short enough to not be bunched up at the bottom.

Flavour: On-par, or at least I haven't noticed any difference. Both are excellent for flavour though. I enjoy my sub-ohm, juicy vapes too, but for low-power, good flavour, these two tanks are my favourites. Of all my devices, my K5 gets the most use. I also really like the ability to swap to 4-dots for a good long lung-inhale to get my morning niccy hit :p

As far as leaks go, I have had minor seeping from the airflow on both, but it's always been when I've first got them, and trying to find the sweet spot for cotton/juice flow control. You'll have that with any RTA until you figure it out. Now I've got them dialled in (V3, 2mm coil, 1.5-2 full turns for juice flow, V5, 2.5mm coil, 1 full turn of juice flow, both with 50/50 juices), I don't get any leaking whatsoever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd honestly have to say the Griffin takes it. The 25 at least, I've never tried the original. It's a reasonably large build deck for an RTA, I've even managed to squeeze juggernaut coils in it before. Never had a leaking issue and the flavour is bang on point every time, especially with Nichrome builds.

The Serpent Mini is a very, very close second though. Dead easy to build on with some nice fat juice wells so you can be generous with your wick. That's not to say the Griffin doesn't have either of these going for it. But as this is a single coil only, naturally your going to have more space to work with.

The Billow is just a solid all rounder, despite the fact it's not quite as good as the others I use it the most. It just feels reliable and sturdy.

A lot of people are rating RDTA's like the Limitless and the Avocado these days, but I'm not such a fan. Flavour isn't as good for me personally and I find they both gulp down juice, the Limitless especially.

Looks like FT doesn't stock the Goblin V2 :( There are quite a few clones tho.

Permabanned
Quick question guys. I've been building on mechanical mods for the last month or so and yesterday a friend of mine gave me a Dmitri clone that runs in parallel.

If I was to build on it and put two HE4's in there, each with a 20amp continuous draw, does the amperage double like the mah? Using the ohms law equation to calculate amp draw, a 0.2 ohm drawing from a single 4.2 volt 18650 comes out at 21 amps which is obviously too high for a single HE4... but two...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not going to go near the mod until I know for certain it's safe to build that low on.

Soldato
This thread is getting a little excessively large now, so it's time for a rinse and repeat.

Does a keen member want to create The Vapers Lounge 3.0?

A job for Rilot I think...
I'm lurking everyday... but Rilot active everyday... lol

Quick question guys. I've been building on mechanical mods for the last month or so and yesterday a friend of mine gave me a Dmitri clone that runs in parallel.

If I was to build on it and put two HE4's in there, each with a 20amp continuous draw, does the amperage double like the mah? Using the ohms law equation to calculate amp draw, a 0.2 ohm drawing from a single 4.2 volt 18650 comes out at 21 amps which is obviously too high for a single HE4... but two...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not going to go near the mod until I know for certain it's safe to build that low on.

The amp limit is not doubled but is split between the two... in the perfect world it will be perfectly equal but in real world you will find that one drains slightly faster than the other due to being closer to the atty or the way it's wired etc... and that will be the one that will have a slightly higher amp draw.

so in theory if you have a build that draws 40amp, it will split 20 amp to each battery and draw the same power for each battery.
the issue occurs if one battery stops working for whatever reason and then the atty build tries to draw all 40amp from one battery.

it's not as important as serial mods, but it is advised to swap the batteries around after each charge so that the batteries age at the same time to make up for the slight difference between the workloads.

Last edited:
Soldato

If unsure just build .4-.5 :)

Permabanned
A job for Rilot I think...
I'm lurking everyday... but Rilot active everyday... lol

The amp limit is not doubled but is split between the two... in the perfect world it will be perfectly equal but in real world you will find that one drains slightly faster than the other due to being closer to the atty or the way it's wired etc... and that will be the one that will have a slightly higher amp draw.

so in theory if you have a build that draws 40amp, it will split 20 amp to each battery and draw the same power for each battery.
the issue occurs if one battery stops working for whatever reason and then the atty build tries to draw all 40amp from one battery.

it's not as important as serial mods, but it is advised to swap the batteries around after each charge so that the batteries age at the same time to make up for the slight difference between the workloads.

Ahhh I see! SO, taking that into account, it's relatively safe to run a build that draws 25 amps in a parallel where each battery outputs 20amps PROVIDING you account for a little internal resistance and ageing? So say, never build for exactly 40amps? keep it at say 150% of one batteries amperage?

Though, even then if one battery fails then your oversdrawing on the one that hasn't... eughh. I might just stick to regulated mods xD

The irony is, I've built on my cricket so many times without issue. I know exactly what build goes in that little swine. It's just that old paranoia of loosing a hand coming back at the prospect of doing something new...

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahhh I see! SO, taking that into account, it's relatively safe to run a build that draws 25 amps in a parallel where each battery outputs 20amps PROVIDING you account for a little internal resistance and ageing? So say, never build for exactly 40amps? keep it at say 150% of one batteries amperage?

Though, even then if one battery fails then your oversdrawing on the one that hasn't... eughh. I might just stick to regulated mods xD

I've been using and still use mechs for years, it vapes differently and I have had a few oppps moment, but the extremes of what you see in the papers is very few if you are sensible... check and look after your setup.

I don't believe in internal resistance and volt drop.. I know what it is and how to measure it but it can change. vaping at limits is certainly not for me and building setups like that is like driving to the limits of your car, and limiting your speed due to wind and road conditions.

Permabanned
I've been using and still use mechs for years, it vapes differently and I have had a few oppps moment, but the extremes of what you see in the papers is very few if you are sensible... check and look after your setup.

I don't believe in internal resistance and volt drop.. I know what it is and how to measure it but it can change. vaping at limits is certainly not for me and building setups like that is like driving to the limits of your car, and limiting your speed due to wind and road conditions.

So what setup would you reccomend to go alongside 2 already paired He4's? Would you say it's not particularly sensible to build any higher then what one battery could take if it where not in paralell? If so, I may just stick to what I know and just build low on attys specifically for regulated mods. Seems sort of pointless otherwise.

Associate
I'll keep an onging log of the Jackamoo juices for both my own reference and anyone who would like to give them a try.

Apple Sourz - Rich apple with a slight tang on the exhale, think of a juicy Fruitella apple chew sweet. Fresh, tangy, just sweet enough.

Ribena - I wouldn't say so much Ribena, but a strong blackcurrant, reminds me of the blackcurrant and liquorice boiled sweets, minus the liquorice. If you like blackcurrant you'll love this. Extra wattage gives some more heat which makes it very rich and syrupy in flavour.

Black Mist
Subtle blackcurrant at the front end, then an overwhelming aniseed comes in, leaving a Black Jack after taste. Reminds me of my old ADV, Wolf Astaire by Ace of Vapez. Sadly Im sick to death of it now as vaped it exclusively for weeks on end. Some will love this, others will hate it. Marmite.

Massive Melons
Hmm, not sure on this one. "A fusion of cantaloupe melon, papaya fruit and mangoes". Very subjective, but its almost a taste that would make me bork if I chain vaped. Its not a bad juice, just not to my taste. Getting a deep mango flavour more so than a light melon taste. Smacking my lips here trying to seperate the flavours to better describe, but struggling with this one.

Summer Breeze

Pink Jizz

Blue Berg

Menthol

Blue Slush

Jungle Juice
Identical to Rejuiced's Jungle Fever, which I think in turn is a clone of something called Thug Juice? A juicy tropical tasting juice with a light menthol exhale, one of my favourite all day vapes. This tastes a little deeper than Rejuice's, but perhaps its the 4 week steep.

Red Mist

Last edited:
Associate
Crown II now in stock at SR Vapes, nearly pulled the trigger until I couldnt decide which coils to buy - 0.5 or 0.8 Clapton.

Currently using Claptons in my Toptank. Can't decide what to do! :confused: Leaning towards 0.8 claptons for best flavour, less wattage and less juice consumption.

...I'm also 6 weeks off the stinkies but am somehow sat convincing myself to some beers and 10 Lambert & Butler on Friday night :mad::eek:

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Oooh, I've been waiting for one of these....

I've turned into such a lazy vaper, I just cba to rebuild tanks at the moment.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good quality, no leak large tank for MTL vaping to work with a Cool Fire 4 please?

Not interested in sub ohm or clouds, throat hit is important to me

Thanks

I'll get shot down here and admittedly am less experienced than many on here. However, here goes...

I had a Kanger Toptank Kit. The tank leaked all the time. However then moved to a Sigelei 213, as the Crown II still wasnt out, I bought a stainless steel Toptank individually. This Toptank is different to the one in the starter kit and I'm delighted with it. Here is why:
  • Can buy a wide array of coils, specfically for you, 1.20
  • The air adjustment is better than the starter kit, it clicks round just like a Crown, so you have 3 settings, wide open, medium hole and small hole. Again, small or medium hole is good for MTL no?
  • The tank needs only a low wattage, saving battery life
  • Finally, I've had this a few weeks now and not a single leak
  • Bonus: if you decide to subohm, simply pick up some 0.5 coils
As I say, Im sure the others will make suggetions but will defend this little tank as its been a major surprise for me.

I use 70VG with 0.5 coils. Maybe you would prefer 70PG at 1.2?

£17. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kangertech-Toptank-Mini-Silver-Clearomizer/dp/B01B065EVW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1467233410&sr=8-1&keywords=Toptank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom