***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Soldato
This is looking like the main contender. Thoughts?

https://www.vapestore.co.uk/voopoo-argus-pro-80-pod-kit.html

I currently use a VooPoo Vinci and I love it - It’s my first proper vape unit and it’s been solid - It does leaks very occasionally, but when it does it’s only a small amount. I’m currently wondering about upgrading, and potentially looking at going for the VooPoo Drag S.

I haven’t tried any others, but my experience with the Vinci would keep me with VooPoo right now.

——

Where do you all buy your vape products from? I’ve been using a local Evapo shop since I started vaping late last year, and they’ve been good, have moved onto using them online and they’ve been reliable, just wondered if there was another online store with a better selection etc.

Also, I’m looking for new juice - Up until now, I’ve been using the small 50/50 nic salt juices by Ohm Brew, as it was upsold to me when I bought the device, but after researching I’ve moved up to 50ml bottles and adding 2x 18mg nic salt. Currently stuck with Ohm Brew and the flavour is “Blue Slush” - I like it, but I’m looking for something with a more cooling effect. I see they do an “Arctic Blends” range, so I may try that, but does anyone else have a similar flavour they like?

One thing I’d like to mention - I only started vaping in Nov 2020, but I’m sick of the names some of these vape juices have - My last juice (I got in a rush because I ran out and had to use a different vape store) was called “TOXIN Blue Sonic”, and just looking on the Evapo site made me laugh. So I’m looking for a juice that has a slightly more mellow design, not something that’s called “Koala Drool”, “Nasty Juice, Sicko Blue” or “BANG BANG Juice” :p

Soldato
What do you think of the cheap juice, like £1 for a small bottle, is this stuff useless?

I'm not a fan of the super cheap stuff that I've tried like 88Vape, I've found it's usually worth spending more on Vampire (Blood Sukka is a favourite of mine, as is Heisenberg). Club Juice is decent and more of a middle ground between the cheap and more expensive stuff. I'm sure there's some good cheap juice out there, but I'm not really willing to go out of my way to find it.

My trusty Smok M17 died the other day after a couple of years of light use -- although in honestly I'd wanted an excuse to replace it anyway. The coils were awful, total crapshoot as to how long you'd get out of one, and I was tired of replacing the glass as there was no real shock resistance.

My new toy is the Vaporesso Target PM80 which I got for a pretty good deal I think: https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-pods/vaporesso/target-pm80-kit

£19.99 with two bottles of juice, although being a sub-ohm pod kit you really want 70vg so I'll be giving the free juice away. It arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with it so far, it comes with 4 coils and two pods so you can easily swap between flavours without needing to dismantle the thing and waste juice should you fancy a change -- extras can be bought online. I've been wanting a pod kit for awhile and couldn't resist at the price I've paid. There are some concerns from a few reviews about the battery dying, but from looking into it further it seems to be an issue with the pods leaking and the juice getting into the battery. From what I've gathered the people having these issues aren't always installing the coils properly, and in my case I pop the pod out of the stick when not in use anyway.

Overall very happy, great flavour from the device and the battery life is fantastic for my usage when set to 35w with a 0.3 coil, would highly recommend.

Review: https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/vaporesso-target-pm80-review/

Last edited:
Associate
There must be a go-to vape, the one that everybody raves about?

The key thing is no leakage.

I do not think there is a go to vape. It is so dependant on the indifidual. For example right now i have 7 Mods on my desk. 3 mech mods and 4 regulated mods. Only one of them has a sub ohm tank on it and that is the Drag X. On top of the rest i have 4 RTA's, 2 RDA's and 1 RBA (Ether Bridge in Abyss mod).

All of these offer me a different vape and the same juice can taste different n them depending on the coil builds i put in. For example my Mech mod has 10 ply Fraliens i made in it at 0.09Ohm while my ether bridge has a .34 Tri core Alien (30AWg SS316).

If new i would advise avoid SMOK, they are to main stream now, coils are pretty pants and mods are poorly built, they are kinda like teh Thermaltake of the bape world. For simplicity the Drag X is pretty amazing with teh .15 coil at 65Watts

Associate
PayPal has suddenly stopped being able to pay an vape related online shops. That seemed to have came from nowhere.
They closed Vaping101's account with no warning several weeks ago and left them unable to take orders for several days or access the money that was in their account. I just checked though and Evolution Vape is still using paypal

Soldato
They closed Vaping101's account with no warning several weeks ago and left them unable to take orders for several days or access the money that was in their account. I just checked though and Evolution Vape is still using paypal
Nova Vapes allowed me to order, then went to a couple of other sites for some other jucies and notice they had slapped banners up stating PayPal was gone. Pretty damn sketchy that PP can just cut off a business like that without warning.

Associate
Nova Vapes allowed me to order, then went to a couple of other sites for some other jucies and notice they had slapped banners up stating PayPal was gone. Pretty damn sketchy that PP can just cut off a business like that without warning.
Probably another American company listening to all the propaganda being spouted off in America by big Tobacco. Over there they are not allowed to even ship to consumers any more

Soldato
It's been at least 18 months since I last bought a tank, but I'm looking now as one of the screws on my build deck has split. Has the market changed as all I'm seeing are tanks with their own coils, does no-one build their own any more?

Associate
It's been at least 18 months since I last bought a tank, but I'm looking now as one of the screws on my build deck has split. Has the market changed as all I'm seeing are tanks with their own coils, does no-one build their own any more?
Nah mate there are some of the best RTA's ever on the market right now depending on your budget. Reload S, QP Juggerknot MF and Type 2 by Grimm Green are amazing single coil RT and then you have the Trilogy and QP Violator which are awesome Dual coil RTA's. I personally use all of them on mechs and regulated mods and can recommend them all

Blotto (regular and mini) along with Intake dual are also great at a lower budget while if looking at high end the Tayfun GTA IV is pretty special

Soldato
Thanks for that, I have a shopping list
I was worried as the first few I looked at all had manufacturer coils. It's good to know RTA's are still popular, as I have worn out my Obis Engine now

Soldato
Vape Club UK are still taking PayPal. I switched to using them a few months back, great service

Associate
Thanks for that, I have a shopping list
I was worried as the first few I looked at all had manufacturer coils. It's good to know RTA's are still popular, as I have worn out my Obis Engine now
Agreed, not a fan of sub ohm tanks although the Dovpo ones that use TPP and PNP coils are not terrible. Should be plenty of you tube videos on the list i gave you. Let me know which one you pick

Soldato
Agreed, not a fan of sub ohm tanks although the Dovpo ones that use TPP and PNP coils are not terrible. Should be plenty of you tube videos on the list i gave you. Let me know which one you pick

The Taifun GT4 looked epic, but I went for the QP Violator as a mid range compromise, I might still get Taifun as I tend to buy a tank and use it until it falls apart, so it it lasts 18 months like my OBS it's actually good value for money..

Associate
The Taifun GT4 looked epic, but I went for the QP Violator as a mid range compromise, I might still get Taifun as I tend to buy a tank and use it until it falls apart, so it it lasts 18 months like my OBS it's actually good value for money..
I have been tempted by the Taifun but only has a 2ml capacity so would need to buy the extras on top of the £139 for the tank. Vaping teh Violator as we speak it is a great tank :)

Back
Top Bottom