***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
didn't realise there was a vape club on here, good to know!

been of the cigs for a few months now and got quite into this. just ordered a big mystery box from vapourdepot can't wait!

Soldato
didn't realise there was a vape club on here, good to know!

been of the cigs for a few months now and got quite into this. just ordered a big mystery box from vapourdepot can't wait!

Oh what value did you go for? I got a £50 the other month, very pleased with what I got :D

Associate
Anyone here have a Snow Wolf Mini 75W? Thinking about getting one to replace my beyond aged MVP2. Will use it at home with a Griffin 25 and out and about with a yet to be decided, but probably Nautilus X.

Soldato
Any new RDTAs on the horizon? I haven't bought one for a couple of weeks..

Still loving the Avocado 24 - best tank I've tried so far (once I'd sorted the wicking out)

The best of them style atties is the origennie.. it's what came first and everything else is pale copy. They are that good, I have two... one is in the repair shop at the moment. :)

Permabanned
Back in the UK this weekend, was thinking about stocking up on a few juices from places that only ship to the UK.

I remember a few that did some good sample packs and other discount type things... any sites you would recommend or coupons doing the rounds?

I just ordered a few to try from dragonsrisevapers.

I order regularly from Vamp Vape and Ace of Vapez.

Soldato
Any new RDTAs on the horizon? I haven't bought one for a couple of weeks..

Still loving the Avocado 24 - best tank I've tried so far (once I'd sorted the wicking out)

The Limitless/iJoy RDTA is a pretty neat tank. 24mm, velocity deck, 5ml capacity (6ml with short wicks), and only ~£13 from fasttech (maybe £15 since brexit :p).

The wicking is nice and simple, the ring around the deck unscrews, then you juice and drape your cotton through the slots, plonk the ring back on, piece of cake. It's like a combo of the Avocado and Theorem, with the best of both worlds.

Two downsides to it though:

1. It likes a LOT of power, I bought it with a Limitless mod clone, because matchy matchy, and I haven't been able to get a satisfactory vape out of a single 18650. I'm sure it's possible, but at the moment I run mine at 120-150W on my reuleaux with a pair of monstrous fused claptons.

2. No 510 drip-tip compatibility. It comes with a very short, massive bore chuff cap, and an insert that lengthens it a bit, and narrows it down at the bottom. Unfortunately the insert is rubbish IMO, kills flavour and adds loads of turbulence. There are a couple of tips that fit though - the griffin wide-bore drip tip (and hence, the griffin 510 adapter!), as well as the kennedy 24 drip tip (apparently), and you can file the threads a little on the Avocado 22 (not sure about the 24) delrin tip, and it clips in quite nicely. I actually got a red tip from Vince's tips on facebook, and it looks so neat!

Permabanned
Yeah - I really like the Limitless...

I've only spent one day with the Avocado 24 so far, but I think the flavour is better and wicking easier on the limitless. The Avocado has a slightly bigger / easier to use build deck though as it's mahoosive :)

Mine tends to sit at 80-90W with braided wire.

The Avocado is sitting about 80W with alien claptons... but they're slow to heat up. When I get through the tank, I'm going to rebuild it with something a bit less power hungry.

Associate
Dropped my mod earlier and now the Crius has started leaking.
It's ever so slightly bent and a small gap has appeared between the air control ring and the tank.
Will have to try to strip it down and repair.
I did manage to squeeze it together a little bit to stop the leaking, which seems to be holding for now but I can see it's not quite right, I imagine it will leak as soon as it goes into my pocket.

Permabanned
Picked up the IJoy Tornado today. Not really a fan...

It's a hellish thing to build on given that you can't actually seat it on a mod/ohms reader. Leaks juice everywhere if you don't cram it full of wick, then of course you get dry hits all the time because it CAN'T wick properly.

Managed to get a reasonably efficient build in there now but still... flavors adequate at best which is understandable considering it's for clouds but still, if it can't even wick properly then how are you meant to get a decent pull?

Shame, I really liked the limitless rdta...

UPDATE

I finally found a reliable wicking method. Basically copied the moonshot method. Don't know why I didn't think of it before given that they both of similar constructions.

I have to say that it's much better now. The flavour still falls well and truly short of something like the Griffin or the Herakles RTA (using fused Clapton wire 32+24) but it's still better then a lot of stock coils you get with most standard tanks.

Where the tank really shines is in its vapour production. The build I have in here at present is coming out at around 0.46-0.51. As it's a dual Clapton build with quite a few wraps I have to have the wattage set to 60 by default to cancel out some of the ramp up time. Took it all the way up to 100 watts last night drawing a massive 7.01 volts and it's still a reasonably cool vape. The vapour production is INCREDIBLE. I use a 70/30 Pinkman clone almost all of the time when using tanks and the sheer density and size of the clouds exceeds any other tank I own/have built.

Even after the 10-15 unsuccessful wicking attempts I'd still say that the end result was worth it. I'm not a cloud chaser at all. All my builds are built solely for flavour, but this is a tank that's great for when I want to play the showy hipster! xD

Permabanned
Not sure if it's been posted already but dragon rise vapers sent out a mailshot with a 40% discount code attached.. just got 200ml of juice for £16.50 posted!

http://www.dragonsrisevapers.co.uk/

use code 1week40

worth a shot I suppose. Ordered a few different flavours. Will let you know how they were after they have had a week to steep. I ordered Vimto, Strawberry Milkshake, Peaches and Cream and Blue Slush.

Permabanned
Bloufla from Chuff Stuff (blueberry custard) does not gunk up your coils.
Heather is very insistent about *not* adding sweeteners to any of her liquids.

I've wanted to try her selection for ages having only ever heard amazing things. But I'm not sure... I don't really like creamy/custard/chocolate/yoghurt vapes, but that could just be because I've only ever had bad ones. Especially chocolate! Seems to be such a hard flavour to nail... Might just order the Morpheus and see how I get on.

Soldato
New RX200s and Cleito

28101479845_08dde910a8.jpg

Very happy with it. :)

Associate
That looks very cool. I was umming and ahhing over the RX200s, but just pulled the trigger from FT based on that photo.

Is that a fatboy tank on the cleito? Or standard?

Permabanned
That looks very cool. I was umming and ahhing over the RX200s, but just pulled the trigger from FT based on that photo.

Is that a fatboy tank on the cleito? Or standard?

Standard I think. The fat buy is a lot wider and over hangs between the top piece and the base.

Though actually, is that a new version on the Cleito?

Back
Top Bottom