*** The Windows XP x64 Thread ***

Soldato
I've got the trial version and I am think about going for the full version. I've seen XP64 on sale at a certain auction site for very low prices. Now I smell a rat - any one know why they are so cheap?

Soldato
Matthew-1985 said:
Is the 64 bit version of NOD32 really 64 bit? I installed it and in the process list it says nod32.exe *32. The *32 means 32 bit right? :confused:
Probably isn't then. Most "x64" software so far are just the 32-bit versions that have been tested to run on the x64 OS.

Soldato
Matthew-1985 said:
Is the 64 bit version of NOD32 really 64 bit? I installed it and in the process list it says nod32.exe *32. The *32 means 32 bit right? :confused:

yeah I thohght that as well, think its just rehashed to work on x64 don't think its a proper 64 bit yet :(

Soldato
Ive had the trial on for a couple of days and so far apart from a shut down bug that quite a few are experiancing, everthing seems to be great.

From reading other forums it seems Avast Home may be the problem but its free so i aint complainin

My only gripe is i would have liked to install my copy of Diskeeper pro, there is a hack to get this working which i havent tried yet but for now im using the inbuilt defrag

FX55 -Amd 64 driver
AN8 Ultra - Nforce 6.66
X850XTPE - Cat 5.8
Audigy 2

All hardware is now supported including my Epson C82 and Mx518 which is the only thing that stopped me installing X64 untill now.

Swapped my Nova T Pci TV card for a USB2 Nebula as the nebula has working 64 drivers.

:)

Last edited:
Associate
Installed Win Xp 64 bit on Sunday :) Steam works (Kerio doesn't, niether does the Cisco VPN Client), just need AV now, what versions are supported? (other than NOD32)?

And still not got SS2 to work in XP at all (64 or 32 bit), actually considering downgrading to 2000 just for that..............or installing virtual PC for it:D

All my drivers work so have to say overall happy with it atm.

Soldato
2gb ram coming tomorrow, hopefully notice nice performance increase.

Has anyone else started having problems with Windows Update? When I check online it just keeps the green progress bar going for ages, it never actually gets round to finding updates...

Associate
It's changed to Microsoft Update now (patches up Office and the like too which ought to help no end), are you visiting that rather than windowsupdate? Maybe you have a lot of MS apps, and it's taking it's time.

Associate
Richeh,
you mention Razer drivers - are there problems using the Diamondback mouse under xin xp x64 ?
I've not bothered installing any Razer drivers since x64 install and the mouse is working fine - I only use buttons 1 & 2 and the scrollwheel. Apart from the normal having to occasionally unplug/replug when it doesn't get any juice.
Did notice that after FarCry 64 crashed yesterday and I tried to get control back by going into sleep mode and then out again that the mouse could not be rejuiced and I had to do a reset.
cheers
snedger

Back
Top Bottom