*** The Windows XP x64 Thread ***

Associate
anyone had any luck with ati all in wonder cards... more specifically the media centre part of it.. i just cant get it to run!! (no tv :'( )

also.. any ideas when alcohol will produce there 64bit software.... i need to emulate mds images

Soldato
devilsangel413 said:
anyone had any luck with ati all in wonder cards... more specifically the media centre part of it.. i just cant get it to run!! (no tv :'( )

also.. any ideas when alcohol will produce there 64bit software.... i need to emulate mds images

wont fantom emulate mds'?

Caporegime
No Fantom will only do ISO and BIN/CUE it seems. It's beta so we can excuse it not doing everything it says it should.

Anyway, Daemon Tools is supposed to be releasing their x64 version before this very weekend is out but I wouldn't hold your breath. Alcohol 120% cannot release their x64 software until DT x64 is out as Alcohol uses core components of DT.

Soldato
ic1male said:
No Fantom will only do ISO and BIN/CUE it seems. It's beta so we can excuse it not doing everything it says it should.

Anyway, Daemon Tools is supposed to be releasing their x64 version before this very weekend is out but I wouldn't hold your breath. Alcohol 120% cannot release their x64 software until DT x64 is out as Alcohol uses core components of DT.

excellent info m8 cheers :) didnt know a lot of that :)

Soldato
Ok here's a question. Is it possible to go back to the 32bit version if you upgrade to xp64? I'd like to try it but if I have problems I want to be able to go back.

Soldato
I really wish I had the 32bit disk to put on the backup HD, really want to use my tv card again but still no x64 drivers (There never will be).
Apart from this, I haven't really encountered any problems with x64 and it's still going as fast as it always was, bullet proof reliability in my experience too.

Soldato
Dru said:
You would have to format to do that so yes it's possible but you wouldn't be able to retain your files.
So that's a no then :p

I suppose I could give it a trial run on the old hard disk I just put in but there'd be no point in having it on there permanently since any benefits from 64 bit would be counter acted by the slow hard disk.

Soldato
Just downloading the trial software just now :D I got all new components so I'm assuming the xp 64 software will work fine no problems! I checked over the compatability list and I seem to be ok!
Is the trial version the same as the full version?!

Back
Top Bottom