The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I just did a little wee in my pants.

MUST play through Witcher 2 again with Roche path once I've finished ME2 and ME3!!!

Caporegime
I dont know why but im sensing a console port this time round

Possibly, but on the plus side, it is being made for the next generation of consoles and so looks like it will be released at or very soon after their release. Normally a brand new console can hold its own against a pc in terms of power e.t.c for its first year so hopefully it wont be hindered too much.

Associate
Possibly, but on the plus side, it is being made for the next generation of consoles and so looks like it will be released at or very soon after their release. Normally a brand new console can hold its own against a pc in terms of power e.t.c for its first year so hopefully it wont be hindered too much.

Didnt know it was confirmed for the next gen consoles, if so thats fantastic news

Caporegime
Open world immediately means freedom to me. Although they are not all bad, linear experiences can be a bit tiresome. They don't seem to grab me or immerse me the same way an open world game would.
Saying that, open game worlds tend to encourage modding. I really get swept up in that and stop actually playing the game. Instead I continuously download mods and update files...

I prefer to me immersed in a storyline rather than a directionless open world, which is why I have always preferred linear RPGs over the like of Bethesda open world stuff.

What I would like is a strong core storyline (which CDPR have shown they are capable of), with the ability to go off and muck about if you want.

Farcry 3 is kinda the closest I can think of in terms of what I mean.

Soldato
I think it looks good! But a few things to bare in mind, it will be based on really early alpha PC based stuff and I doubt they have barely touched next-gen consoles to see what they can really do with graphical effects etc.

Then on a personal note I would still be surprised if a next-gen console could run the above visuals at 1080p without croaking on the framerate. This is coming from the Witcher devs though who I think traditionally focused a lot more heavily on the PC platform. Next-gen consoled designed games will probably look better but again, very early alpha shots and isn't Witcher 3 aiming for a much larger scale which often means less detail!

Soldato
I prefer to me immersed in a storyline rather than a directionless open world, which is why I have always preferred linear RPGs over the like of Bethesda open world stuff.

Story means everything to me, I become incredibly bored if I'm just doing mindless quests. I don't think an open world automatically means that the story will be poor.

What I would like is a strong core storyline (which CDPR have shown they are capable of), with the ability to go off and muck about if you want.

This is what I want.

Soldato
Oh. I was expecting it to be more of a looker than that considering it is going to be on the next gen consoles : /

They've already said those pics are from an early build, graphical fidelity is generally a lower priority earlier in game development.

Back
Top Bottom