The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
OP
Those screenshots are in the engine used for the old The Witcher 2 engine. When the Redengine 3 is complete it will look even better.

Even more importantly, people are seriously overestimating next gen consoles. Witcher 2 on high end PC already looks like next gen console game.

Soldato
Thank God it's only going to be a Trilogy! I mean this in a good way, so they don't ruin the franchise the way they do with most games (Halo, Call of Duty etc)

Soldato
south_park_randy.jpg

Soldato
From a German website apparently:

Translated German* said:
•36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long)
•You can import your save game, but it’s not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters.
•Numerous types of monsters, but one type you’ll encounter are Ice Giants (this was confirmed in an earlier screenshot, and thanks for OnlySP for catching that particular bit of information).
•You can buy horses or tame a wild one by using Axii.
•There’s also a special mode activated for hunting monsters – studying tracks will reveal what special items or preparations Geralt will need to make to kill a particular monster.
•Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want.
•Wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc.
•Main storyline is 50 hours long, and this may vary depending on the paths you take through the game.
•You can travel the world on horses or boats, both of which will improve during the game. Boats can be “borrowed” from the beach – and they will improve as the game goes on.
•Now people will call the guards when they see Geralt stealing their stuff
•There is a new mechanic similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo. No more QTE
•Geralt now can achieve 60 level max
•PC and console versions have completely different UI
•Geralt’s effect on the environment is now more pronounced – the Igni sign can literally set the world ablaze.
•You gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials
•Two new minigames: axe throwing and card games
•Economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price.
•One will have to decide for any group, such as the Order of the Flaming Rose and the Societal. A sorcerer is always independent.

*Shamelessly stolen from another forum I frequent.

Caporegime
This looks magnificent!

Its funny, i could never get on with the first one but the 2nd one is one of my favourite all time games.

Back
Top Bottom