The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I played through the main game about 2 years ago on PC and loved it. For some reason i stopped on the first mission of blood and wine, now i am getting the urge to go back and complete it :)

Caporegime
I played through the main game about 2 years ago on PC and loved it. For some reason i stopped on the first mission of blood and wine, now i am getting the urge to go back and complete it :)

That's happened to me twice. I play up to the point where I can get the Grandmaster witcher gear and then I go on to something else. Still never played the two DLC all the way to the end yet. It'll probably be something I play on PS5 now (don't shoot me!) so I can get the trophies; I already own it on PS4 and Steam.

Soldato

That's happened to me twice. I play up to the point where I can get the Grandmaster witcher gear and then I go on to something else. Still never played the two DLC all the way to the end yet. It'll probably be something I play on PS5 now (don't shoot me!) so I can get the trophies; I already own it on PS4 and Steam.

Still running through my 3rd playthrough at the moment with mods which has greatly increased the graphical fidelity bringing in a breath of fresh air. Maybe give that a shot?

As for the DLC's, Blood and Wine is a vast new area similar to the size of Skellige isles. Hearts of Stone doesn't bring new land mass, but adds a bunch of systems such as enchants and further character customisation, all behind a great fun story arch adding onto the base game. It gave me around 10-15 hours the last 2 times with multiple options to tackle said story.

The story and side quests for Blood and Wine, you're looking at 30 hours.

Soldato
Just bought this GOTY edition on sale, second times purchasing the game... they deserve more of my money and its about time I played the expansions!

I'm sorting out my mods now, got the texture pack and auto apply oil mods which are two I remember making a big difference to visuals and ease of life.
Does anyone have other mods recommendations, maybe something less well known I could try?

Soldato
Question about a quest:

Is there anyway to not lie to him? My 3rd playthrough and yet again he's ****** that I lied to him. Is there anyway to end on his good side?

Soldato
Is there any way to establish whether base DPS is better than all the buffs you can get on certain swords? For example I've got a sword with about 60 more DPS but I'm losing all sorts of buffs for piercing damage etc!

Soldato
Is there a mod that automatically combines/dismantles various components into their "best" parts?

I'm picking up a LOT of junk that I just don't know what to do with! Obviously crafting materials are needed for gear but I have no idea how far to keep going when dismantling with blacksmiths (and it costs a fortune!)

Associate
Just bought this GOTY edition on sale, second times purchasing the game... they deserve more of my money and its about time I played the expansions!

I'm sorting out my mods now, got the texture pack and auto apply oil mods which are two I remember making a big difference to visuals and ease of life.
Does anyone have other mods recommendations, maybe something less well known I could try?

I would also recommend the over 9000 weight mod. Basically means you can loot everything to your hearts content without having to worry about the, well, weight haha. It's great because you can pick up all the bandits/enemies swords and sell them to make more crowns.

Soldato
I would also recommend the over 9000 weight mod. Basically means you can loot everything to your hearts content without having to worry about the, well, weight haha. It's great because you can pick up all the bandits/enemies swords and sell them to make more crowns.
Nice! Love these quality of life mods the best. Who doesn't love a good looting session without interruption .

Associate
playing the game for the first time, just left the nillfgardian base where a guy wants me to hunt down this griffin creature, he gave me 2 side objectives to help me hunt it, apart from these, im assuming main quests, i would like to do a few side missions, what is the best way to get them ? random locations, bars etc ? fast travel useful ? or be better just using the horse and soak up the athmosphere in real game play time ? any items, better weapons to get, or is it too early in the game yet ? thanks for any help

Associate
I'd say keep the central missions aside to begin with, do as many side quests as you can, check every notice board for contracts- 99% are excellent, some are absolute epics. Ride around and see everything until you get bored, then use fast travel. Really, you can just try everything then play it how you want to.

A lot has been made of the fact that you can outlevel the core missions easily. It's designed so you can complete the game without having to do everything. Personally I see it as role-playing, and I want to see everything, so I ignore experience points, do the missions I want to, and return to the central missions when I want to enjoy the story. I play without enemy scaling simply because it's satisfying to absolutely pulverise the weaker monsters and feel powerful, but there are always more challenging monsters when you want them. Put simply- you will never have trouble finding experience points to level up, so don't sweat it.

Don't stress too much about crafting weapons in the early and mid game. The game is literally dripping with equipment everywhere you look: as a loot-em-up, it's second only to Diablo! Do craft and play around with potions and oils though.

One thing I'd say is, don't rush to get to Novigrad. Check out Oxenfurt first, save the big-city experience for a bit later. The first time I visited it, walking through the countryside and seeing the walls in the distance, it was so... atmospheric. It really felt like seeing a medieval city for the first time.

I envy you, you've got so many great choices and experiences ahead :)

Caporegime
Like the sound of this... GOG comparable to Steam with achievements, friends etc?

Don't know about friends but it does have a listing for achievements on the store page.

I should be getting a commission for this. But, if for some reason, the GOG system isn't to your liking you can always request a refund. It's 30 days, no questions asked - they don't take into account if you've downloaded the game, how long you've played it for, like the others. Just the 30 days.

Soldato
Don't know about friends but it does have a listing for achievements on the store page.

I should be getting a commission for this. But, if for some reason, the GOG system isn't to your liking you can always request a refund. It's 30 days, no questions asked - they don't take into account if you've downloaded the game, how long you've played it for, like the others. Just the 30 days.

Don't sound bad at all... although another client to add to the ever growing list!

Back
Top Bottom