1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Paul_cz, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Subzero85

Hitman

Thanks for the help, in the early stages on Novigrad now, met up with Lambert and have a few other tasks gathered up in the city, really get immersed, and im loving the game, music, setting, graphics and athmosphere im liking a lot

2. jrwagh333

Mobster

Looks like I'm finally going to get this for PC thanks to GOGs offer!

3. Subzero85

Hitman

enjoy, took me a while to get into it, but once i did i can't put it down

4. Minstadave

Caporegime

Contemplating a second play through, not sure I want to give up hundreds more hours on this again, once I start I know it'll eat my life.

5. jrwagh333

Mobster

Not sure whether to ask here or in the console forums.

Recently got my hands on Witcher 3 from GOG and hopefully have the Switch version coming in the post soon - I haven't started either.

Very interested in cross save, which looks simple enough to do. However I want to add a few mods to the PC version, mainly HD reworks. Will that Bork the cross save?

6. Mr G

Wise Guy

7. kevman

Hitman

I tried this also - got about 20 hours in but could not face it again. I only replay the odd game.

8. agnes

Capodecina

On my 4th playthrough :s 3rd on the PC, 2 playthroughs via GoG and current one on Steam. The 4th is a much slower pace on the Switch which is great for flights.

9. CGrieves

Wise Guy

I haven't heavily modded, only the auto-oil mod and a couple of others I can't remember- Cross save to Switch still works fine. Being able to play the game in a pocket device still blows me away.

Honestly there's still a slight issue though- I really miss auto-oil when playing on the switch!

We need someone to find a way to inject mods into the Switcher.....

10. ic1male

Caporegime

Managed to get the Galaxy connection to PSN working so I bagged the GOTY version for nowt. Thanks, CDPR, you're the best. I've never really used Galaxy at all so now might be the perfect time to try it out with Witcher 3 and see how I get on. Then decide whether to purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on there or not.

Can I save some time by copying my Steam install files over to Galaxy?

11. jrwagh333

Mobster

I've never played a game like this. Nothing in the series, no Elder Scrolls. But I'm about 3 hours in and really enjoying it.

Any tips for a noobie? I've read to loot everything possible and tackle some side quests to level up.

12. Unseul

Wise Guy

OK, I know I'm late to the party, but I've now started playing.

Anyone else have issues with the auto-apply oils mod, and the field of view mod? For some strange reason, whenever I try and run them both, the in game graphics go wrong. However, I can run either one separately without issue...

13. smogsy

Sgarrista

side quests have better stories than the maIN QUEST there are thousands of sides quests hidden. completed game 4 times total of 475 hours not found them all.

lot do not have ? or identifers found 70 under novigrad alone. dont expect everything to be marked & you will find some lovely surpises

14. Dup

Capodecina

Anyone have issues with a CTD at cutscenes? Sometimes doesn't happen after you reload but I'm seemingly stuck now.

15. Kelt

Capodecina

Not here.

Witcher 3 is one of the few games that has never crashed for me.

16. smogsy

Sgarrista

very hard on the PC slighty instable oc will do this

17. ic1male

Caporegime

According to my notes, it did crash twice both just as the game switches to cutscenes. I have no overclocking.

18. Dup

Capodecina

Yeah, I'm not overclocked and have zero issues in other games (6700k, GTX 1070). I'll have a play with the settings and see if it behaves itself.

19. EllaSharp

Associate

I finally got that game too, it is awesome

20. smogsy

Sgarrista

try turning off hairworks nvidia crap :p