The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
witcher 3 is getting an RTX update next year so if someone is planning to play it again, might want to wait for the free RTX upgrade.

also witcher 3 on PC did NOT get HDR support.

so I have emailed CD project red asking for HDR support when they do the RTX update/upgrade (which is free).

If enough of us email them, I think they'll likely add it in... so get emailing guys!!

Caporegime
witcher 3 is getting an RTX update next year so if someone is planning to play it again, might want to wait for the free RTX upgrade.

also witcher 3 on PC did NOT get HDR support.

so I have emailed CD project red asking for HDR support when they do the RTX update/upgrade (which is free).

If enough of us email them, I think they'll likely add it in... so get emailing guys!!

Yeah it was already announced HDR is coming as part of this upgrade.

Associate
Got about 90 hours into this game these past months & only just started the first DLC this week. I cannot believe this was released back in 2015.

Back then I actually booked time off work for the Fallout 4 release, which is a great game though Witcher 3 has a huge amount of detail, amazing writing & most of all a clear love put into it. This all puts Fallout 4 to shame in all aspects.

I would totally give Bethesda a pass but as has been mentioned by commentators, 76 (and Witcher 3) has really made me look back on Fo4 in a different light. Really wish I had played this back in 2015 now.

Tbh I had no idea who this studio was until a few months ago & my first thought was 'where the heck is Witcher 4?', only to realise all this talk of Cyberpunk turns out is being made by the same studio! I'm totally excited now but will be PS5 for me as PC not powerful enough.

Associate
i got about 45 hours into this but haven't played for like a year and a half, I have all the DLC too, I loaded it up and have forgotten so much about everything got shed lods of stuff but can't remember what it does, should I

a) Carry on from where I am and try and remember it
b) Start from the beginning again.......

Answers on a postcard!

Associate
i got about 45 hours into this but haven't played for like a year and a half, I have all the DLC too, I loaded it up and have forgotten so much about everything got shed lods of stuff but can't remember what it does, should I

Answers on a postcard!

A) then new game plus

Soldato

Answers on a postcard!
You can get up to speed quickly, so a).

Associate
I will caveat that with the fact that I started again when I got the Switch version (there was no PC cross-save originally) and enjoyed it even more the second time!
Haha I'm tempted to start again as I've forgotten the storylines, been playing death stranding don't about 55 hours in the last month or so so should easily catch up

Permabanned
In a pickle. Returned to the witcher after installing the new graphics overhaul. Been playing it an hour or two. Noticed its bugged. I can't call my horse. Closed the game. Re opened. Swapped keyboard to controller and back. Doesn't call the horse lol. What do I do.

Soldato
In a pickle. Returned to the witcher after installing the new graphics overhaul. Been playing it an hour or two. Noticed its bugged. I can't call my horse. Closed the game. Re opened. Swapped keyboard to controller and back. Doesn't call the horse lol. What do I do.

I had bits where I couldn't call my horse either, generally a change in location freed it. If you can, get to a fast travel point and travel. I think going in/out buildings sometimes helped.

The biggest issue was the fact it left me burdened, however, by going into my inventory and dropping a single item, it then "remembered" it could use my horse inventory weight too.

Might not be the same bug mind.

Permabanned
I had bits where I couldn't call my horse either, generally a change in location freed it. If you can, get to a fast travel point and travel. I think going in/out buildings sometimes helped.

The biggest issue was the fact it left me burdened, however, by going into my inventory and dropping a single item, it then "remembered" it could use my horse inventory weight too.

Might not be the same bug mind.
Thankfully. You are right. A change in quest/location has helped. But now I'm trying to figure why my coloys look so..
Bright and rich. Is it the texture pack. Everything I have is set to ultra, being indoors seems mega dark.

Soldato
Thankfully. You are right. A change in quest/location has helped. But now I'm trying to figure why my coloys look so..
Bright and rich. Is it the texture pack. Everything I have is set to ultra, being indoors seems mega dark.

I had issues sometimes in caves, but in truth, that's probably just how it should be! Made sure I always had Cat potion on hand.

Soldato
I've only played Witcher 3 twice. Once at release, I completed it and was amazed, then again after all the DLC came out. I tried to complete everything I could and my savefile in the end was around 190-200 hours. It's the best game I've ever played. I never thought FF7 and Xenogears would be beat, but the Polish devs did it.

I've been itching to play it again but I'm gonna wait until the next-gen update.

Back
Top Bottom