The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

AJK

AJK

Associate
All sounds awesome, assuming the first thing they did was take the combat system from Witcher 2 and throw it away, never to see the light of day again. If they did that, I'm hopeful.

Permabanned
They need to nail the horse riding, only one game that I know of that pulled it of and that was Red Dead on the 360/PS3. Really looking forward to this, I guess I need to finally upgrade my 6950 lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Join the club :)
Glad I'm not the only one. I've had loads of advice, and even bought an XBox controller to try and master the key combos required to trap and slash tentacles. But in the end I just got thoroughly cheesed off with the whole artificially structured battle and binned it.

Shame, but I hate game design like that. Give me a slow, thoughtful option as well as a fast, twitchy one.... especially on easy! :)

Of course what I hate most is that even as I'm typing this, part of me's thinking... go on, just one more try! Except that's what I thought last time, and the time before that, and... part of being an adult is knowing when you're beaten. That thing beat me like a red headed stepchild! :->

Soldato
OP
Cayran took me about 10 tries, but the feeling of achievement when it died was nice.
Super easy compared to some Dark Souls bosses though (orson/smough !).

Nonetheless, they already confirmed that NO bosses like that will be in Witcher 3. All enemies will be purely in gameplay, no QTEs and gimmicks.

Soldato
There's a knack to it, much like most games like that with a difficult learning curve. Once you've got it, it's easy! That boss is one of the easier ones too lol.

Use the specific Cayran traps if you have them, it's not a must to make them for the boss fight iirc, but they do help.

Soldato
I didn't think it was possible, but I think I am looking forward to this more than any other game ever(more than Skyrim even!).

The plot is very much A Song of Ice and Fire by the looks of it.

Soldato
I only just got Witcher 2 in the Steam sale, really enjoying it! Will be getting this as soon as possible if I keep being entertained so much!

Back
Top Bottom