theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
Gonna watch this closely as enjoyed the hunter. Couple of queries though?

They are moving away from the sub model completely, or will it have numerous DLC packs? Don't mind to drop the money at the start if everything is available.

Will they still have the online comps? Or will it be more single player based and character levelling? I loved the comps but at the same time they were locked out mostly when playing co op.

I got the hunter primal which was good for a giggle but long since uninstalled, are they going to support this or just another method of getting some cash to support their original project?

Caporegime
OP
well after most of today on this.beta started earlier today. i can say the more i play the more im impressed.one thing i will say is you need a decent pc.

i5 minimum.no corners cut that is the minimum.decent card also. i wouldnt even play it with less than a 970/290 at 1080.1440 youll need 1070 or 1080. 4k 2 cards.

stunning looks seems a bit consoley until you get used to how it plays and how the game works. i would say almost totally different game from the original.

the more you play the more you unlock, develop, learn.also more of the hunting grounds is discovered opened up.its HUGE !

Caporegime
OP
Is it proper multi threaded then?

If the CPU resources are for animal AI then colour me interested.

not sure but what i know is the render distance and sheer size never seen anything like it.ran through different forests land types for over 1 and half hrs :eek: and i wasnt even anywhere on the part of the map id opened :p. all different scenary.cant wait to get back onto it now.see what i can discover.

:cool:

Caporegime
OP
new surprise they just announced another reserve for the game. looks amazing. :cool:

now you know why the spec is one of the highest needed for any video game.

Soldato
Came in to post a new thread about this game.

Glad there is an alternative to the "Free to play" model.

Will be getting this later today as although I liked "Hunter classic", the free to play model is nto to my taste.

I really hope it is successful for them but I have a feeling that niche games like this need an additional revenue stream other than a one time payment.

Soldato
Some are saying it is too easy compared to classic, anyone able to confirm/deny?

I guess to get "mainstream" attention by default it needs to be "easier" but surely there is an option to increase to "classic" levels?

Soldato
Picked this up today. Haven't played since the early days of the orginal hunter (now called classic?), where I put in over 100 hours. At the time when the game was new I remember how difficult it was, and IIRC my first kill took over 6 hours of gameplay!! It seems to get gradually easier over time, but I hope the difficulty has been maintained in this new version, though I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom