theHunter: Call of the Wild

Soldato
There’s plenty of games (most!) that involve killing humans and apparently that isn’t politically correct either nor does it do brand damage. It’s pixels at the end of the day.

Caporegime
OP
totally different. it seems logical what you saying just in reality just doesnt work that way. animals are more popular than humans. killing endangered species wont earn you any favours. you see every day on the news horrendous things around the world to do with humans. we almost numb to it. then imagine on the news some one kills a lion. utter outrage. its how we are programmed.

you have to remember also that theHunter games are pretty realistic not arcade games. with arcade games you can get away with it more. also the whole ethos behind theHunter games and what is the back bone is " ethical " . so what you are suggesting goes against everything the brand stands for. it would be fun , exciting. its just not for this game/s , brand. ethos. it has been explained before a few times by avalanche.

i understand your view. i just dont want to go on about it for the thread. its not going to happen at anypoint. so best just not waste time talking about ethics or humans vs animals vs video games. make a new thread for it.

Soldato
Soldato
Really excited when I saw this albino / dilute Puma running around, so much so I totally missed the first shot and had to wait for it to come back, patience was rewarded.

46372434992_bee0b8d9e6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
This is some game. No, really. The actual game itself.

Long story short. I bought an Xbox One X to play RDR2 on release 3 months ago. Loved it. Put 160 hours into it. But the real thing I found the most interesting was the hunting / tracking.

Someone in the RDR thread mentioned that the mechanism was stolen from The Hunter Call of the Wild.

So I downloaded that for free on the Xbox , game pass, and had a go. It got me totally hooked (but a bit frustrated - hold your breath without moving on the same stick? - stupid idea)

I got to wondering how it might work on the PC. So today I found a download code for the 2019 edition with all DLC included and bought it. (£18)

Holy hell. It's a completely different experience compared to the Xbox. Animals are everywhere. So much easier with a keyboard and mouse too (weapons and inventory selection especially so)

Looking forward to putting a few hundred hours in on this

for sale - XBox One X - 3 months old - one careful owner )

Caporegime
OP
for friday this week there is a open beta . with surprises. :D

also if anyone here follows social media for the game they have been teasing about a new animal possibly for africa. here is clue 3.

Caporegime
OP
i got my video recorded they are great and very well done. :cool: . this will be a beta though so expect some bugs. thats the whole point though to squash any bugs ready for public release.

Back
Top Bottom