1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

theHunter: Call of the Wild

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ~>Dg<~, 28 Nov 2016.

1. Cyclone

Mobster

It reminds me of Raiders Of The Lost Ark, where Indy is in the market and the geezer swings the knife about. Then Indy just gets his gun out and shoots him :)

2. Daytrader

Mobster

Haha, yeh :)

3. Cobra-UK

Mobster

Ive had this game since the beginning and to be honest it hasnt grabbed me really. I havent played it for quite some time.

I see there has been tonnes of updates and new levels etc. Do you lot recommend any DLC i must buy, DLC you consider not to be missed ? Like a new level or something.

Also, is it best to play this with absolutely no hints / help / assists at all ?

Finally (sorry), any sweetfx / reshade you recommend ?

Sorry for the multiple questions, i feel like i want to get into this game when i want to chill out, im just finding it a bit meh as it is.

4. Boge

Hitman

Got bored of being gored anytime I got anywhere near by the totally mental buffalo in Vurhonga. Bullets just bounce off and you die. Crazy.

So I started Medved and have been really enjoying the missions there. Commentary is fun and the whole thing just seems so much more doable.

Much more like it.

Even taking that photo of the Lynx. Took a while and it was a challenge, but laying prone on the top of a big rock and calling it in? Downwind.

Smile!

Boom.

ByeBye Pussycat.

Last edited: 13 Feb 2019
  5. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

cape buffalo accurate shot = insta dead.

6. bainbridge

Mobster

Yeah I got a buffalo instakill at 13 metres with the shotgun, but didn't spot his buddy who trampled me when I was looking at the trophy shot.

7. Boge

Hitman

In my game they are hunting "me" down. 3 or 4 of 'em at a time. There is no escaping.

I've given up with the shotgun and .357. Crossbow and .338 from now on.

8. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

i was on atv other day and it was like the scene in terminator 2 with the t1000 chasing :D .

9. Cyclone

Mobster

:D

10. Cobra-UK

Mobster

Any of you kind fellows able to answer ?

11. PieEater

Mobster

From your post I've got to start out by saying this game may not be for you, the DLC's pretty much just add more of the same experience with a change of scenery and animals, they don't change the nature or style of the game. I don't find the game hand-holdy at all, if you follow the missions they will endeavor to teach you the basics, you don't have to follow them if you don't want to, but they are worth it for the XP so you can upgrade your kit faster. Graphics wise I like running at 4K which is just about doable with my 1070, the game is gorgeous enough not to warrant messing around with shaders IMHO. Watch some of Flinter's beginners videos to see if they inspire you to have another go then maybe re-asses if you want to put more time and money into the game.

12. Cobra-UK

Mobster

Thank you for the reply and do you know what you are probably right. I suppose in a way im trying to find a way of enjoying it more. I might give it another go and do the missions properly.

13. Boge

Hitman

If a game isn't for you. It isn't for you.

Be a boring old world if everyone did and thought the same.

Personally I'm still loving it. Yeah there are some very annoying glitches but as a whole. It's my kind of fun.

14. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

just finished the main missions on africa. rearly well done enjoy it. :cool:

15. Daytrader

Mobster

16. Brazo

Mobster

What sort of FPS do you get at 4K and what settings mate.

With a 2070 on africa map I average 45fps at 1440p ultra.

17. Brazo

Mobster

18. Boge

Hitman

Looks amazing. A definite buy. It's some engine this game has.

Never been to Sweden.

Thanks for the heads up.

19. PieEater

Mobster

FPS is normally about 45 maybe a bit lower but game runs very smoothly, 1070 is well cooled so GPU clock doesn't go below 2100.
    Shadows: High
    Terrain Detail: Ultra
    Scene Complexity: Ultra
    Water Quality: Ultra
    Texture Resolution: Ultra
    Volume Fog: Off
    Fur Quality: High
    Anisotropic Filtering: Off
    SSAO: On
    Motion Blur: Off
    Screen Space Reflection: On
    Global Illumination: Off
    Heat Haze: Off
    Anti Aliasing: FXAA

20. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

4k ideally you want a 1080ti with decent settings . graphics turn the aa to just FXAA , Heat haze off. motion blur off. gives probably the best cleanest look to the game. it is a very new engine so high res with trimmings on you need good hardware.

generation zero just cause 4 also use this engine.