theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
Thankyou I thought that might be it!

Does the green wind cone point thin end towards me?
Yeah. Note it's relation to the direction you're headed.

Might be me, but how do I get back to the game starting menus?

All I see when in System menu is back to desktop?

Also, is there away to just move head when walking to look around?
Doesn't seem to be. The whole menu system looks like an afterthought, tbh. It's terrible. Easy to fix, though, I guess.

Associate
You were able to take a bear with the starter .243 rifle? Interesting. Which ammo were you using?
No change from the start so whichever that rifle came with... probably just a lucky shot like.

I would like them to change somethibg so you can see how much noise you're making whilst looking at where you're going instead of looking at the bottom right of the screen all the time. Don't get to see hardly anything untill stationary. Which is'nt realistic.

Soldato
Couple more questions, when you hear the sound of the animal and get those sound waves on screen, is the animal very close?

What field of view do people use in the settings?

Graphics whilst fantastic do have some PS4 textures in places such as reflections in water and the bottom of the cornfields. Because they are so lifelike it's easy to become immersed and yet a console texture really spoils it. Brings my 1080 to its knees in places at 1080p 2 x dsr

Associate
Doesn't seem to be. The whole menu system looks like an afterthought, tbh. It's terrible. Easy to fix, though, I guess.

Strange that you never get back to the original one once the game has loaded :)

Saying that, that menu appears to have been designed whilst someone was ******.

Associate
Couple more questions, when you hear the sound of the animal and get those sound waves on screen, is the animal very close?

What field of view do people use in the settings?

Graphics whilst fantastic do have some PS4 textures in places such as reflections in water and the bottom of the cornfields. Because they are so lifelike it's easy to become immersed and yet a console texture really spoils it. Brings my 1080 to its knees in places at 1080p 2 x dsr
The audio wave increases in size, the closer it's origin. I'd imagine that the maximum range for calls is around 300m, or so.

Associate
I've resorted to arriving in my target area and then crawling, using G to auto-crawl. As long as you avoid undergrowth, it makes you silent. That said, I'm in an area where there's not much in the way of woodland. Doing the mission to get a couple of Fallow near a cornfield.

Associate
Not yet, although, I'm thinking that you could have a cool sniper battle in this environment! :D

LOL... Now that I would enjoy!

I was hoping Sniper Elite 4 would offer that, but not for £40. Call me tight, but I'll wait for a sale before I get it.

I did have a quick look and it appears that you can create your own multiplayer server for 2 to 8 players and pick the reserve that you're in. Beyond that, no idea, guess you hunt as a group of X players.

Associate
Does gun fire not startle other animals in the vicinity?
It does - take a shot at a group of deer and watch them scatter - but they seem to return to the area quicker than one might expect. Especially if it's a feeding, drinking or resting area.

Just bagged my first Wild Boar. Quite easy, tbh. They're not as skittish as deer, obviously. Found them feeding at around 05:00 in Northern Petershain, Hirschfelden. Got a silver award. Despite going for a broadside lung shot, I ended up nailing a cracking head shot because he turned at the last second. The round entered just below the ear and lodged itself in the brain. Instant death.

Soldato
The audio wave increases in size, the closer it's origin. I'd imagine that the maximum range for calls is around 300m, or so.
Thanks here's hoping I see a critter tonight!

Does everyone use the 'stock' field of view, or change it? Am trying to reduce motion sickness.

Associate
Speaking of wild boar, I found a nice group of three, crept up within 30m and hit the biggest one...... All was well for about 5 seconds then they all turned and charged me, not once but twice, cue a dead me :)
By luck I found the body, took my picture to look up and find another boar charging me, dead again :)
Least now I've worked out how to click the sight off so you can use iron sights as the scope is useless in the situation, a hand gun would be better bit at 30k that's not happening for a while.
Really enjoying this, I do hope the missions keep coming though.

Soldato
Bought this. Looks utterly jaw dropping at 1440 with everything maxed :D

After reading here looks like I've been making life hard for myself by crawling through the bushes to hide myself, probably making too much noise. I've managed to shoot a few animals, mostly they've run off wounded and I can't then find the corpse.

If you track a set of footprints and the next ones you see are glowing blue, I'm assuming this is the same animal?

Associate
Enjoying this so far. Seems a little more accessible than the classic game which has its pros and cons.

Either I am a terrible shot of the starting rifle is underpowered as I seem to get a lot of flesh wounds

Anyone know if there is bullet drop or does wind effect your rounds?

Caporegime
OP
theHunter classic and this are two different products from two different teams who work in the same place.its so both partys are catered for in hunting games.

exrayted yep if you find and click on a track the same animal will be all blue tracks. for the guy who is asking about do the animals scatter range of shot you take can play a massive part.

if i shoot from 100m most animals will all bolt off after i fire . fire at longer ranges and some will often stay.there is bullet drop and after certain ranges it really comes into its own.also wind direction.the view distance is upto 500m.ive done shots upto about 400m.which take quite a bit of working out.

the teams will be back at work so hopefully some patches soon.

Back
Top Bottom