There are still some decent people out there

Soldato
Mikol said:
LOL - good point! Although, a degree in Policing? Not come across that before.. with a view to become a Police Officer?

Hopefully, but this degree lets you go into anything police/security related, so if that doesn't work out, I've got other career options (that are probably better paid too!).

Soldato
I found a phone whilst out running recently, it was a slide front samsung of some description.

The owner called me on it, and I went and dropped it off at his house on my way home.

He was hella surprised that I brought it back for him... couldn't stop saying thanks!

Associate
Was putting a shopping trolley back in the trolley bay after putting my shopping in the boot when I found a handbag hanging on the back of the last docked trolley. Looked around and no one was in that area of the carpark. Dropped it into the Customer Service desk and gave my name when asked. Came back out to the car and saw a woman looking around the area frantically. Approached her and told her I had left the bag at the CS desk. Turns out it was her daughters' who had been shopping an hour earlier and when she realised it was missing, sent her mother back to look for it. The woman thanked me and I left. She somehow tracked me down with just my name to go on and left a lovely box of chocs for me at my place of work a few days later.

Another time my brother found a phone on the way home from the pub. We rang the first number in the phones phonebook which turned out to be a friend and asked her if she could contact the owner and let them know the phone had been found. A few minutes later the owners husband rang and we told him he could pick it up at my place of work the next day.

Mildly related story. Myself and a few mates went skinny dipping down at the beach after a night on the ****. Walked home and one mate realised his wallet was missing. Retraced our route back to the beach and arrived about 40 minutes later. Couldn't find the wallet on the beach and were just about to head back home disappointed when on mate said, "hey whats that floating in the sea about 40ft out". Wallet owner waded out and sure enough, there was his wallet floating in the sea where the tide and come in and washed his wallet off the beach. jammy barsteward!

Permabanned
I offered the guy who found my wallet the fiver that was still in, he wouldnt take it but I dont think I would take any money offered for returning somthing to its owner.

Soldato
my g/f had her handbag stolen ( read lost :p )

a few days later through the post were all her cards, which was good !! someone handed all of them in to HSBC :)

but she still lost her phone and other bits and bobs though :(

Back
Top Bottom