There are times when I like working in retail

Associate
Behemoth said:
Was amazed though when we had a customer come with an item that was 8 months old, nothing wrong with it and they just wanted a refund as they didn't like it anymore !!

A friend of mine used the B&Q no hassle, any reason return policy to take back a garden shredder, which after he had used to clear his quite sizeable back garden, decided he didn't need it anymore. As it was on the sign above the counter, they refunded him.

Associate
Asda provides you with plenty of loons.

I was working on a customer service desk, and a customer came in ****** and blinding about the cream she bought on Saturday had gone off by that evening and it was very embarrassing as she was having a dinner party and ruined the desert by pouring it on. She then put the pot of cream on the desk and demanded to know what I was going to do about it. I calmly replied nothing, you bought it in Tesco’s, see, it has Tesco’s written all around it. She stormed off in a huff about that.

Another time I was filling the shelves down the jam aisle, I had a huge pallet staked high with jam, wearing lovely lime green uniform with ASDA written on the back and a customer comes up to me
Me: Stacking the jam humming the ASDA jingle, random slapping the coins in my trouser pocket.
Customer: “excuse me do you work here?”,
Me: *looks down at uniform then at the tray of Jam I was holding* “Nope”
Customer: “oh, sorry to have bothered you”
Me: “quite alright, bye”

Associate
Downsy said:
A friend of mine used the B&Q no hassle, any reason return policy to take back a garden shredder, which after he had used to clear his quite sizeable back garden, decided he didn't need it anymore. As it was on the sign above the counter, they refunded him.

Good on him, nothing wrong with taking advantage of B&Qs fineprint, they just as soon use it to screw you

Soldato
nO}{8 said:
a woman recently asked me for a scarf lead for her TV :D

Bah, my dad always calls them scarf leads. I've given up trying to correct him :rolleyes:

When I worked at Millets I had a guy come in and say "I'm going trekking in the Himalayas and was wondering if this coat would be suitable...?"

Now, firstly bare in mind that Millets probably shouldn't be your first stop for such an adventure, then add to that the fact he was pointing to a 10 quid Pack-a-Mac :confused: :eek: I stared at him, aghast, waiting for a smile to spread across his face.....but nothing. He was serious and didn't have a clue. I sent him away to a proper expedition level store before he got himself killed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
OMG LOL A CUSTOMER THAT DOESNT KNOW HOW THE DNS SYSTEM WORKS, LOL WUT A NOOB AHAHAHA.

I bet you all had a right laugh about that one, then went off to play WoW..

i love you.

i don't take the **** out of customers, because i'm like a 5 year old child when i take my car to a garage!

Soldato
loopylou said:

Another time I was filling the shelves down the jam aisle, I had a huge pallet staked high with jam, wearing lovely lime green uniform with ASDA written on the back and a customer comes up to me
Me: Stacking the jam humming the ASDA jingle, random slapping the coins in my trouser pocket.
Customer: “excuse me do you work here?”,
Me: *looks down at uniform then at the tray of Jam I was holding* “Nope”
Customer: “oh, sorry to have bothered you”
Me: “quite alright, bye”

rofl @ that!!! :D

/opens window and throws 5 your way

Soldato
Downsy said:

You can do that in Costco all the time.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
fini said:
Everyone calls mp3 players Ipods no matter who makes them.
Same goes for Hoover and Tannoy, big whoop.

Laughing at the RJ-45/RJ-11 mix up is just sad. I've had countless punters do that because it looks and feels like it fits.

Remember retailers: There's a fine line between an idiot customer and an ******** employee. You are there to serve the public and are being paid for it, try and retain a bit of decorum. :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Tru said:
Remember retailers: There's a fine line between an idiot customer and an ******** employee. You are there to serve the public and are being paid for it, try and retain a bit of decorum. :)
Indeed. I'm fairly confident I've never taken the **** out of a customer to their face, but I'll admit to having a laugh about it once they've gone. ;)

Associate
Haly said:
Indeed. I'm fairly confident I've never taken the **** out of a customer to their face, but I'll admit to having a laugh about it once they've gone. ;)

good man thats the way its supposed to be, but the one with the dell and the powercut was maybe an exception :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
OMG LOL A CUSTOMER THAT DOESNT KNOW HOW THE DNS SYSTEM WORKS, LOL WUT A NOOB AHAHAHA.

I bet you all had a right laugh about that one, then went off to play WoW..
Dear god, easy there tiger, i didnt pee in your fruitloops!
And no.. we werent even talking about DNS etc etc, he had no clue what the actual word meant

edit: and your childish attempt at sarcasm, basing you perception of who I am on a game i play is pittyful

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
loopylou said:

I was working on a customer service desk, and a customer came in ****** and blinding about the cream she bought on Saturday had gone off by that evening and it was very embarrassing as she was having a dinner party and ruined the desert by pouring it on. She then put the pot of cream on the desk and demanded to know what I was going to do about it. I calmly replied nothing, you bought it in Tesco’s, see, it has Tesco’s written all around it. She stormed off in a huff about that.

QUOTE]

We've had that inour store, not allowed to say who I work with but one of our sister companies is the pink shirt shop, but basically customer come in a sees a manager. Here's how the conversation went

Customer "Are you the manager ?"

Manager "yes I am, how can I help sir"

Customer "I have bought £2000 woth of goods from your store, you have failed to deliver my washing mashine, I want a refun on the whole lot"

Customer proceeds to hand over the receipt, manger checks it and replies

Manager "Sorry but I can't help you, you didn't buy these items from us"

Should have seen the look on the customer face when they'd come into the wrong store, from a totally different retail group, he left very quietky and came back to us 2 hours later after the rival firm gave him his money back, and I got a £2500 sale :D

Permabanned
sup3rc0w said:
Dear god, easy there tiger, i didnt pee in your fruitloops!
And no.. we werent even talking about DNS etc etc, he had no clue what the actual word meant

But to be fair, your job is inform and advise people about that stuff.

If they know about it themselves why would they be seeking help off you?

I'm sure they have good knowledge in something that you are totally clueless about.

Associate
sup3rc0w said:
Back in the day, working for a ISP.

Customer calling up asking for pricing

customer: What do you mean by Domain?

:rolleyes:

Did remind me of an extract from "Pure Pwnage"

Customer: my screen is all fuzzy

Jeremy: ok, can you go into your control panel

Customer: err ???

Jeremy: your control panel, go into your control panel

Customer: umm ??

Jeremy: ............. (long pause)

Customer: are you there?

Jeremy: yeah Im just thinking about how much of a noob you are

:p :D

Soldato
iCraig said:
But to be fair, your job is inform and advise people about that stuff. If they know about it themselves why would they be seeking help off you?

Ahh ok, riight so the people who were asking for Scarf cables etc as mentioned in this thread (mispronouncing a word or just not knowing the correct name) doesnt fall within the same scope?

Associate
Tru said:
Same goes for Hoover and Tannoy, big whoop.

Laughing at the RJ-45/RJ-11 mix up is just sad. I've had countless punters do that because it looks and feels like it fits.

HUH? what do you mean fine line between idiot customer and ******** employee, as far as i have seen so far everyone is sharing what they thought was funny, things customers have said and done. Im sure most still helped those customers to the best of their abilty and eventually got them what they were after. What exactly is wrong with finding it funny?

Permabanned
sup3rc0w said:
Ahh ok, riight so the people who were asking for Scarf cables etc as mentioned in this thread (mispronouncing a word or just not knowing the correct name) doesnt fall within the same scope?

Well, their examples were funny.

Back
Top Bottom