There are times when I like working in retail

Soldato
I also work on the Meat and Fish counter in a Sainsbury's and every Saturday I used to get this woman who complained about everything.

"I'll have some of that bacon, not that it will be any good", "I'll just have the braising steak because I know you wont have what I want", "I doubt I will buy any more of that lamb, it was terribl" and on and on and on for months.

One Saturday I was in a not very nice mood and this woman chose the wrong time to start moaning. I cut her off mid-whinge and said "If Sainsbury's and this counter is so bloody bad why the hell do you come back every week? Now either tell me what you want or go away because I really haven't got the time or patience for your comments."

She hasn't complained since :D

I have also had a woman come up to me and ask "Where is the cream, please?". I couldn't help but look at the shelf next to me full of cream, the 48 pots of cream in my hands and the roller I just took said cream from which was stacked full of cream. :p

SiriusB

Soldato
At a Purple Logo PC selling computer warehouse in Cardiff, one of my now good customers was told she had the wrong sort of house for wireless. It couldnt be that the Belkin router they sold her had gone faulty, oh no, this monkey had gone on a training course so he knew that because it worked before and didn't now meant her house was faulty not the router.

He also tried to tell her that she didnt have a right to refund or replacement, which is the point at which I went down and verbally assaulted him to the point he ran off (crying I suspect). I then dealt with the manager and suggested he send this monkey on customer training or give him the Spanish Archer.

My customer got a new router in the end, a nice linksys one that has been flawless so far. She didnt even have to pay the difference.

Im in the fortunate position of being able to see things from both points of view, so I can empathise with customer and till tart, sorry, checkout operative.

Caporegime
Behemoth said:
I remember the mentally challenged fellow that came in to tell us about his magic boots. No harm in him at all, but what a total fruit loop.

im sorry but i don't stand for people that call them fruit loops

if they were psychopaths then yeh fair enough but hes mentally challenged its not his fault leave him alone

Associate
Well i remember when i was a noob and i was on Teamspeak with my clan...I thought my PC was running slow becuase i died a few times at mohaa.

Clan mates "Go to task manager and see whats using all ** cpu"

Me "Ok....Omg whats this system idle process doing taking up my cpu"

Clan mates *laughing*

Me *Puzzled* ... *thinks* ... "Oh......poo i didnt say that out loud did i"

Soldato
My dad had a request list sent to him tonight off a member of staff that works in a hotel my dad works for, the couple that are getting married want this first song:

Aaron Smith - I dont want to miss a thing :rolleyes:

Docile employees tbh :p

Soldato
probably been said but

people assuming "internet ready" means as soon as its switched on, its online, and they can send emails and stuff without actually signing up or regristration.

or wireless internet with no router, internet connection at home (taking away hotspots)

i dont work in retail or computer related industry, but this annoys me

Soldato
annoying/funny thing happened where i do work though.

a "customer" peeked into the kitchen and said in a very cheeky way "no staf working like?"

as it was quite busy and there was only me and someone else cooking (not usually busy tuesdays)

so i replied with "no jobs in bishop like!" (as he was eating through a daytime on a tuesday)

flaming doul wolling gypo

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Replicant said:
You were owned basically and they saw you coming, probably joking about it right now on a forum somewhere :p
Erm how was I 'owned' exactly?
The customer was told that as their warranty didn't cover things such as that because it was their fault, that they're stuck and they'll have to either pay for a replacement battery or go elsewhere.
They left the shop.

Soldato
How can it be ownage, unless some guy was dancing in the background and another was filming it?

The word owned is being used to much for real life situations, true sign of uber l33t geekness that is. ;)

OWNED

Associate
If i trick someone into genuinely thinking iwas silly enough to put a battery in a microwave then i have 'owned them' because they are wasting there time joking about it with coleagues or tinternet folk :p

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Replicant said:
If i trick someone into thinking i genuinely was silly enough to put a battery in a microwave then i have 'owned them' because they are wasting there time joking about it with coleagues or tinternet folk :p
It made me and my work colleagues laugh, oh no :eek: That's terrible.

Who cares? It made us smile for 5 seconds when we were all having a bad day, does it really matter?

Soldato
If it made you laugh why care about what other people think?

If it made them laugh aswell, then fun all round and a very good joke!

Amazed you didnt just look at them funny until they walked of though, or asked if the microwave still worked. :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Replicant said:
No but this is the thread were people are making fun of others, perhaps you were getting played.
Perhaps I was, but this woman gained nothing out of it besides a wasted drive to a retail park with a dead phone, while we gained a laugh out of it. So personally, I think we did pretty well out of it ;)

Man of Honour
One of my MANY stories from working at KFC....

I sold a customer a Fillet Tower meal, which for anyone who doesnt know, is a chicken burger with a hash brown in it.

He returns:
Him: "Excuse me! I'd like to see the manager please!" *Angry*
Me: Certaintly, whats the problem?
Him: Never you mind, just get the manager!
Me: I have to tell him what it is... she won't come out otherwise.
Him: Well you failed to make my meal. You didn't give me my hash brown!
Me: My appologies. If you bring your burger back I will replace it.
Him: Huh?
Me: ...?
Him: Why would I bring my burger back?! I didn't get a HASH BROWN.
Me: .... because then I can give you a whole new burger.
Him: No... a HASH BROWN. I repeat... A HASH BROWN...... get it? Jeez.... *To guy behind him* Aweful service!
Me: ... You do know that the hash brown is IN the burger... right?
Him: Wha........

He then very quietly left the restaurant :D

My all time favourite staff classic:
A customer asks a freind, Tom, who works at the 'Food Connection' part of welcome break whether an item was gluten free. He didn't know, so he went to ask the manager.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but the managers there are USELESS. All foriegn, and can hardly speak english. Dunno HOW they got their jobs... but anyway...

Tom: Heya there, is this *points* gluten free?
Him: EH?
Tom: It this GLUTEN FREE
Him: *laughs* Nononono! NOTHING is free in welcome break!

*groan*

Soldato
lol.. speaking of "food" places.

anytime a new employee starts working we send them on neverending missions.

our pot washes normally get the brunt, when its busy they get shouted to get stuff from the freezers etc...

anyone new we shout over for a laugh... can you go and get a bag of scooby snacks please...

hilarious, freezing their nuts off looking.

just thought id share that... next

Permabanned
Haly said:
We had someone come in last week for a new phone battery because they'd tried to charge their old battery by putting it in the microwave :eek:

I once put a hard disk in the microwave for one minute, after 40 seconds or so there was suddenly a white spark for a millisecond or so, i thought it was going to blow up :D

Back
Top Bottom