There are times when I like working in retail

Soldato
ballistic said:
I once put a hard disk in the microwave for one minute, after 40 seconds or so there was suddenly a white spark for a millisecond or so, i thought it was going to blow up :D

You posted that to get the question, so here it is.

Why?

Permabanned
Yewen said:

because the hard disk was slowly dying but IBM didn't believe me for me to get a replacement, even after throwing it on the floor around 10 times and hitting it with an hammer it still booted up windows, so this was the perfect plan..

Associate
I used to work in an mainstream computer franchise as a saleman/technician and I've had some crackers in my time.

My fav:

We were doing a Christmas promotion on the game 'Driver' and the steering wheel controllers. Problem was we had too many in stock so we stacked them in a fancy pyramid inside the front door.

One day when standing behind the counter I observed two happy elderly ladies stroll in and start admiring the steering wheels. I remember thinking this was quite stange as there is know way they could have known what they are.

A few minutes later one of the ladies call me over.
Old Lady: "Excuse me young man, we'll take 3 tins of those biscuits please."

:p

I had a great laugh with them after explaining we were a computer shop.

Permabanned
Phate said:
im sorry but i don't stand for people that call them fruit loops

if they were psychopaths then yeh fair enough but hes mentally challenged its not his fault leave him alone

And what's wrong with psycopathy?

When I worked in Safeway, every Wednesday would be day release for the local ***** and niffs.

Comedy gold.

*n

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
lol.. speaking of "food" places.

anytime a new employee starts working we send them on neverending missions.

our pot washes normally get the brunt, when its busy they get shouted to get stuff from the freezers etc...

anyone new we shout over for a laugh... can you go and get a bag of scooby snacks please...

hilarious, freezing their nuts off looking.

just thought id share that... next

hehe, we do the same at work, sent the pot washer out a couple of weeks ago to co-op to get some chicken lips pmsl, he wasn't amused :D

Soldato
This is cross posted from a thread called 'Stupidest thing you've ever been asked?' from a forum for School IT Techs.

Slow Friday morning when a senior member of the House staff (female) strides purposefully into the workshop and announces that there is an increasing amount of petty theft and pilfering from the Senior Girls changing room and in an effort to identify the culprits she wants a video surveillance system installed without delay.

At which point the young break / fix engineer falls out of his chair and immediately starts to salivate. The network engineer dives under his desk and starts to giggle uncontrollably and the Network Manager turns away from his screen, puts down his cup and looks towards the senior member of Staff. Not saying a word, the Network Manager raises just one eyebrow, Roger Moore style, and waits. The face of the senior member of Staff instantaneously turns red and then scarlet and she announces that perhaps it was not the best solution to the issue and maybe some reflection was required. Turning on her heel she sprints from the workshop with the sound of hysteria ringing in her ears.

Thanks you Satans_Budgie

Back
Top Bottom