1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Big Typhoon + ASUS A8N32-SLi

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by ubern00b, 13 Jan 2006.

1. ubern00b

Mobster

Hi All

Busy putting my new machine together and just reading the intallation guide for the TTBT and it states there are 2 mounting proceedures for those with a metal backplate and those with a plastic backplate (such as ASUS motherboards) but I notice that the A8N32-SLi has a metal backplate. Just wondering if anyone has this combination what method they used to mount the heatsink. Should I remove the backplate and use the TTBT mounting mechanism or should I just leave the backplate and screw the heatsink into that? Any help is appreciated.

2. clone

Soldato

Isnt the backplate stuck on with sticky foam stuff?
    I would say m8 if the new cooler will work without taking the plate of then leave well alone.

3. DavidS14

Hitman

There's a good thread with that combination here , there was some info on the mounting as well I think.

4. Jokester

Don

I removed the MB back plate and used the one supplied with the BT, works great but's fiddly bolting it up.

Jokester

5. malccy

Wise Guy

I simply used the one that was on my motherboard although UI have connected it differently to instructions supplied. Currently on 26c at 280x10 which is pretty amazing.

6. ubern00b

Mobster

Thanks for all the replys guys, I think ill just leave the one on the mobo, seems easiest :>