1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Tai-Chi Liquid Cooled

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by smelf1, 22 Dec 2005.

1. smelf1

Hitman

Has any one got the Thermaltake VB5001SNA Tai-Chi Super Tower Case (Liquid Cooling), just ordered one and wondering if anyone else has one or what they taught of it.

2. Yewen

Capodecina

I have bad feelings against thermaltake as a company, its a ok case but a bit of a copy of a Lian Li in my opinion.

Now youve said you have purchased one you have to post lots of pictures when it arrives :)

3. Raikiri

Capodecina

Bah you say that about every Tt case :p Personally i cant think of a lian li that looks like the tai chi (or any other case for that matter). Case itself lokos very high quality but the WCing wont be brilliant

4. Yewen

Capodecina

I say that about every Tt case, as I said I do not like Thermaltake, as they are in my opinion not up to the reputation they hold on review sites.

And look at the Lian Li pc-767

5. Raikiri

Capodecina

Well, it is only the front that sort of looks similar.

6. Yewen

Capodecina

And the other inovations are taken from Gigabyte and Coolermaster.

Thermaltake just bung together features from other cases, sometimes to good success sometimes not.

Just the build quality is slightly sacrificed to cram in the features they try to.

7. Noni

PermaBanned

Tai Chi is one big ass case. Heavy too.

Personally I dont like the look of it. But post pics!

8. KELTICKNIGHT

Hitman

:D :D looking at tai chi,not gone on it ,seems a step backwards
    have armour,like it better and with out the wings

9. Si MPS

Hitman

CPC gave it like 50%, said it has so much aluminium its heavier than a bloody steel case :D

10. brocksta

Wise Guy

bad idea to ask opinions of thermaltake cases on this forum. Personally i dont like the look of it at all, i dont see the need in mammoth sized cases.

11. Sandmaster500

Wise Guy

12. Raikiri

Capodecina

About £150-£250 i beieve depending on what/how much WC comes with it

Edit: yeah just found it for £233 with the cooling

13. Noni

PermaBanned

Apparently the case is designed to be a giant heatsink. LOL.

14. Yewen

Capodecina

For £233 you can get a great case and a custom watercooling setup.

FAR superior to some thermaltack.

15. Raikiri

Capodecina

Nowhere near as easy though, and "thermaltack" isnt really fair. The tai chi is built like a tank :p

16. Yewen

Capodecina

How are you defining tank?

Sorry I class tanks as cheiftec dragon cases, drop down the stairs, with no adverse effects. That is a tank!

And it is as easy, if your using water cooling you are at a level to be able to do it easily enough, and thermaltack isnt really fair no, but 18 months ago it was!

For the money in my opinion it makes Siverstone look like it is priced up well.

17. smelf1

Hitman

Took delivery of the case today, it is bloody huge and very heavy. Going to start putting the pc together over the next few days. This pc is just going to sit in my room and help anchor the house.

18. JDL

Gangster

any pics smelf?

i like the features the case has, not 100% on the looks but i guess if everyone liked it it wouldn't feel like your own!

19. lay-z-boy

Sgarrista

people who just like to bash thermaltake, please go here.

XtremeSystems Forums

try and bash thermaltake over there, considering they make the best air cooler designed so far in the history of heatsinks, you will have a hard job. :p
    also the tai-chi is a tank, it is constructed very well and uses very high quality components, look for reviews on it by people who know a thing or two about high end stuff, with penumatic doors and very thick walls, its more of a zalman tnn500 style case at a snip of the price.

i am not a fanboy of any sort, however i will show that good products deserve recognition, the tai-chi is one of those.

lzb

20. Sandmaster500

Wise Guy

Not "THE" best, that title is taken by the scythe. But yes it is a very good cooler. TBH i think thermake are a pretty good company, they make stuff which looks good (although it isn't always their idea) but at a very low price.
    Wonder what the water cooling kit in it is like though. Looks like the bigwater which was the one where the res destoyed itself overnight in multiple reviews? :eek:

If the build quality is as good as you say it should be a decent case, although i'd prefer to get something i'm sure will last when i'm paying that kind of money.