1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltakes New Cooling Lineup

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by King_Boru, 5 Feb 2006.

1. King_Boru

Wise Guy

Linky

Doesnt look too impressive to be honest. But some nice new ideas floating around, which is strange from Thermaltake.

2. ichabod crane

Man of Honour

Thermaltake get alot of bad press but to be honest for some who has never water cooled before and wants a reasonably priced introduction into it there perfect... and will help you build the skills to move onto a custom kit

3. Raikiri

Capodecina

The symphony isnt new, but I wonder how it would perform with 5 deltas :D

Or with 5x akasa ambers or something for silence

4. King_Boru

Wise Guy

I think the CPU block lets it down more than the fans tbh.

5. Raikiri

Capodecina

Maybe, Dont the koolance kits use the same diameter tubing?
    One of their blocks would be an improvement, but 19c better than the big typhoon is still very impressive

6. Logsi

Capodecina

I like the idea of the PCI GPU water cooling idea, makes me want one!

7. mc_bob

Banned

I'm looking to invest in the Big Water SE. Can pick a brand new one up for £70 inc P+P. Seems relatively cheap for a beginner.

MC_Bob

8. mattio1980

Gangster

ii realy did think about the symphony looks good by the looks of it cools well was goner use it as a add-on to my system and use another pump am reaky thinking about it now but...........it is £155 so very pricey but saying that a good passive rad is 55-60 so for the size maybe still thinking!!

9. VaderDSL

Capodecina

That symphony :p modded with a 1250 or better pump - some L1a 120mm panaflos and a better block :p

possibly a good idea :)

10. mattio1980

Gangster

yeah the block def no doubt as it's poo but a 1250 pump ott a bit dont u think i was just goner put another 12V XSPC X2O Pump/Reservoir(400lph) in and run 2 inline as there is loads of room in the back would keep the Reservoir in the back then just put new pump in thats it !

11. ancientone

Associate

I bought one of the SubZero peltier kits and whilst it took a while to settle, my lazy o'c'd XP-M never goes over 36 degrees, even when running Prime or S&M which surprised me as the Subzero was well slated out there.

It is very stable and not so quiet though but thats mainly through the blo hole fan making a heck of a noise and the current kit includes a 6K RPM fan as well as the standard tango fan.

AO