These temp's maybe to high, should i water cool?

Associate
I remember someone on this forum once saying something like "if you can afford to replace all your kit in the event of a leak then go for water cooling -otherwise think twice".
I'd love to do it but I'm too scared lol :D

Soldato
FishPolice said:
I remember someone on this forum once saying something like "if you can afford to replace all your kit in the event of a leak then go for water cooling -otherwise think twice".
I'd love to do it but I'm too scared lol :D
Or have good house insurence.
Ive ordered some WCing cos ive never done it before and it seems a natural progresion in OCing. 6 years ago i didnt even know how to get on the net and 5 years ago i bought my first PC (from an online company) consisting of an XP1600+ with 512 RAM and a Gforce 3 Ti200. Ive since had several barton 2500's and a GF 4200ti then 9800pro and now a 7800gtx. Ive now built several PC's, flashed GFX bios's and delved into volt modding.
I still dont ask people for directions or read instructions but as far as PC's go its onward and upward.
Dont be scared, do something new and learn from it.

Disclaimer
If you blow up your PC and burn your house down then you aint seen me, right.

Associate
lol I'm not really scared but I built my 1st pc probably around the same time as you (XP1600+, 256mb ram & GeForce3 ti-500). Cost me about £700 just to play RTCW & AvP2!! I'm just about to build my 2nd pc. Yes, it's taken me that long to get into a position where I can afford another one. This is why I'm cautious.
However, I'm up for adventure as well so what the heck...maybe watercooling later this year :D

Associate
Average tempretures but I would want to know why the north bridge was getting hot.

Have you got the standard heatsink on it? If yes whip it off, clean the factory gunk off and use a thin layer of Artic silver on it.

Permabanned
pegasus1 said:
True but a GFX card still probably produces the most heat in the case, especially if its an ATI card :p

that would be where your wrong given my heat off my ATI X1800 512mb crossfire master card is vented out of the back of the case as it has a dual slot cooler on it, the casing of which is made of enamel which stops thermals bleeding into the system. dont generalise an entire manufacturer just because you didnt like a particular product at a particular point.

incidentally its still the CPU that produce the most heat in terms of Wattage.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
dont generalise an entire manufacturer just because you didnt like a particular product at a particular point.
QUOTE]
Did you not notice the obviouse smily after a said that, I dont dislike any manufactorer, build good kit and i'l buy it, still got a 9800pro in a machine. 1900xt is a cracking card, and usefull if your central heating has stopped working :D

Back
Top Bottom