DELETED_23244

Sol

Sol

Associate
I have a nifty Cannondale road bike that I absolutely refuse to leave outside...I bought a pretty hardcore D-lock for it that set me back £60 but the thing weighs a ton! :D

Had one bike stolen from work on new years day and my next bike after that had someone hacking into the cable lock to see what it was made of. Good thing about the first bike is that it had no brakes, was an allround bucket of *****, so hopefully the thief went flying into moving traffic.

Basically need a turret that you can control remotely from the dorm, that would be fun.

Associate
unlucky man, that sucks. people are scum.

my bro had 3 bikes nicked in a month, each with 3 locks on. turned out the security guard at his apartments was tipping thieves off about his bike being there and giving them access.

this kind of thing makes me unhappy.

Soldato
well, seeing as you guys are from soton, you might know portsmouth too... the "somers town" part of portsmouth is very rough, and nearly every lampost has a bike frame on it, everything else completely gone / burnt.

well i fell asleep in the street there after leaving a ladies house at 3am with 14 pints inside me, and i woke up with all of my stuff with me! i was sooo lucky!

Associate
is the person (security guard) worse than the thief themselves? there's a good question.

They do after all gain very little but it takes real effort to tip people off, but thieving is an instinct for some people and they just take opportunities

Soldato
fixed-gear bikes are ace for leaving lying around

most people dont know how to ride a fixed gear, and will be thrown off pretty sharpish

Caporegime
A mate of mine's brother had a well flash top of the range bike. He had some epic locks to secure that thing. One time he locked it to a little metal railing thing. Someone thieved it by pulling the entire railing out of the concrete.

Soldato
I had a bike stolen while I was at Uni and reported it so I could claim on the insurance. The community bobby came round and took all the details said nothing would probably come of it but they'd let us know. Couple of weeks went by the insurance coughed up and I got a new bike. then the Bobby called round to say he'd caught two dumb teenagers a street away riding two bikes that had been stolen in the area one of which was mine! So Glad I put the posy code on with a UV Pen so there was posotive evidence! Both kids got sent to a detention center as they had been on there last warnings it was a sweet moment and then I had two bikes!

Associate
leezer3 said:
If he nicks mine he won't- Brakes don't work, gears normally have to be done with a foot & various bits are bent out of shape lol.

-Leezer-

Unfortunately the way things are you are probably liable if they had an accident after stealing it :mad:

I've never (touch wood) had a bike stolen, but would be gutted if it did happen

Back
Top Bottom