Things to do in London

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The London eye is awful. If you want to see London from the sky, go to the old Natwest Tower - Vertigo 42 - the view there is amazing.

I did the whole London tour in March with my friends from Oz. We went to Abbey Road... London Zoo (rubbish), Camden Market.

You can get a lot of 2for1s by having a national rail ticket and picking up a leaflet.

BB x

Soldato
Speakers corner at Hyde Park is a definite must if you're into proper banter, not this watered down internet **** :p Even if you don't want to get involved in the debates it's great just to have a listen.

Don't go the Zoo. Even the little lion cubs couldn't make that place worthwhile, and I'm pretty sure they're not little and cute anymore.

Caporegime
I'm going to be in London for the 1st time this weekend and i was wondering what i should do, what do you guys recommend ?

depends one what you want to do/what sort of stuff you like etc..

for general touristy stuff, go on the London eye and go on one of the open top bus tours - you can usually get off and on at various points along the route

Soldato
After living there for 3 years at college it would be the last place id want to live, but i do still like to visit every now and again, bit of everything for everyone, best bet for the op is to say what they want to do when there there

Soldato
In the evening I would highly recommend a meal at Joy King Lau chinese restaurant (THE best Chinese restaurant!) and/or the Comedy Store just around the corner - both in Leicester Square.

Wednesday is best night for Comedy Store as it's improv but other nights are still fantastic laugh. Met Phil Jupitus last time we were there, top guy.

Dessert afterwards if you have room at the Häagen-Dazs, again just around the corner in Leicester Square.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm trying to plan my journey into London andt his may sound like a serious noob question but... I cannot find any info on from what platfrom trains arrive to and leave from.

Do they just make this up on the day?

Back
Top Bottom