Things wrong in UK - whoever stands up - I will follow.

daz

daz

Soldato
A lot of people forget how good we've got it here...

Every country has its problems, but we're no worse than most.

Permabanned
I have some whitе South African neighbours who have emigrated to Britain to escape the reprеssion, extreme violence, rapes and murder in South Africa, they literally feared for their lives and the lives of their childrеn. They have been in Britain for about eight or so yеars and have recently said that Britain is fast turning into what they thought they had left bеhind! - scary stuff. They are now considеring moving out of Britain to somewhere less violent!

Soldato
I agree with you on this. If someone breaks into my home I want to know that I can do damn near anything to them and the law will still be on my side.

Right, so what you want is in fact "an eye for a DVD player", very fair.

If someone breaks into your house and ATTACKS you, then fair enough, if they break in and you find them and they make no move to do so, there is no law on earth that should justify you attacking them.

Soldato
It's bad enough being robbed on the street but when someone has the audacity to break into your home, the place where you should feel safest, they deserve worse than the standard slap on the wrist punishments that are handed out all too often. I wouldn't take an eye for a DVD player but I'd definitely want to knock him about a bit.

Associate
What I agree with

1. Knife crime : this is becoming like a bad nightmare. Arrest and prison.
2. No early parole : you do your time.
3. Transport : what is wrong with these? Disband unions - fine trains that are delayed.
6. Youth asbos : they got trackers so track them. Moment they breach, they go to jail.
10. stop political correctness. Abolish laws to protect children. Make that law forefeit the moment the children commit serious crime.
11. If thieves are in your house, you are legally allowed to apprehend them in any way possible.

To just clear up something here, for 10 I'm assuming the OP means that if the child commits a crime, abolish laws that protect that child from doing time.

7, I agree with, however it is insanely difficult to tell whose trying and whose not without personally knowing that person. (Hence it not being on the list)

I live in a bad area, this is the next street down from where I live. this video has my house in the background. There are more events than you can shake a stick at, I spent 2 years living next door to a drug dealer, I've been threatened at knifepoint, I've had bricks through my window.

Now, taking that into mind, what I'm about to say may come as a shock to some of you. My area isn't any worse than most other areas, sure the crimes are documented, some of these events have reached the news, but thats all it is, coverage, crimes have been happening for years and coverage is what makes people think crime is getting worse, if anything Bruanstone has gotten a lot better, go back 5-10 years ago and any black families moving in would be 'chased out', now however we have a lot of foriegn born people living here and, while its segregated, its no longer violent, a big improvement from my point of view.

Now, take into consideration that a certain area nearby (Oadby) is the upper class area, very posh, very nice area in general, I dated a girl from there a few years back, and walking the streets was more plesent than here sure, however at night theres no way I would be out there, here I'll walk back from the pub at night without fear, there though... and there have been a number of things happening there lately, most of which HASN'T hit the news, why? Because its not a "bad" area so it doesn't get the coverage other places get.

In short, the media know how to twist a situation, and its always amazing how many people fall for it.

Soldato
one thing i did like is, instead of our soldiers patroling in afghanistan and fighting for nothing, they should come home and sort it out here and patrol our streets, heard someone say it yesterday on tv. that would be a good change :D.

Soldato
prisons have tvs/pool tables... theres no deterrent for crime
dole folk get paid way too much... theres no reason for many of them to get a job, they're better off on the dole

if that changes i'd be happy

Associate
Looks like someone has been reading the Daily Mail with Sean Bean's 'Outlaw' in the background.

Finance cuts offset against a huge program of nationalisation seems a bit odd.

I agree with every single point, except the nationalization of public services. Catch22. If they are nationalized they will become extremely ineffeciant, privatised and the average working person is ripped off, and the fat cats skim the cream.

The railways were a damned lot more efficient in pubilc ownership, still well below par though. We didn't have £1bn of upgrade being done for £8bn in those days like the west coast mainline upgrade. I don't see why they don't get them all back at end of franchise and get in someone from the continent who has overseen joint public/private partnerships, who knows the railways and how to run one. Pay them whatever it takes, it will be staggeringly less than killer companies like Balfour Beatty and co charge people to cut corners and safety and make billions.

Back
Top Bottom