Thinking about buying a toshiba tv... any resons not to?

Soldato
I'm after a new TV as some might have guessed from other posts...

I was very close to getting a panasonic TX32pl4 (prologic version of the PL1) untill i spotted this tosh set.

I realy wanted a beefy sub to go with the set and after much thinking about it came to the point where i accepted i had to go without if i had the panny :( But with the tosh i could hook what i wanted to it :D

I know i'm being stupid basing my TV on one little din plug but it's the only way i can see to choose between em :mad: :rolleyes:.

So before i whip the old debit card out i'm asking if anyone can put my mind at rest and tell me i'm doing right ;)

Soldato
Ok firstly I beg you not to waste your money on a tele with built in dolby, pickup a seperate amp and speakers, it will give you much, much better sound and you'll really notice the difference. Won't cost too much more for a basic setup either. For the same price as the PL4 (or very slightly more) you can get the Panasonic PL10 which is 100Hz and superb.

Anyway out of the two the Panny gives a better picture, demo'd both before I realised what a waste paying for itnergrated dolby digital was.

Also if you don't want 100Hz look at the PL1, the PL4 is the PL1 but with dolby rather than nicam and the PL1 is damn cheap for a great tele. Nearly £100 less than the PL4 at techtronics too.

And I'd order at empirecirect if ordering online, then find somewhere cheaper and they'll refund the difference or match before ordering. And you will find somewhere cheaper.

Associate
Very happry with my Toshiaba 32ZD98B which is Dolby Digital and has a Seperate Sub built into the wooden stand so you don't get vibrations on the plastic case of the Tele like I did with my previous Tele with built in sub.

Appreciate the comment about the seperate kit, but I have enough boxes and wires under my Tele and didn't want more.

Soldato
OP
A basic amp and speaker set would go right over my buget m8t :(

And i could always get one later if i wanted :)

On your tosh do u get any of the dirty patches on light backgrounds? and are the blacks proper black right to the edge?

Associate
I have a 32ZDO83 and im very happy with it. It uses componant video inputs which i run my dvd player through and the picture is virtually second to none and it won best buy in all the magazines. Look at what the magazines say to help make up your mind.

Soldato
Basically best thing to do is read a few mags, maybe create a longer list of models and then go get demos. Make sure they let you demo with an RGB DVD player at least to get a true idea of the image. See which picture you prefer really, personally I find the Panny's to be nicer, as their 50Hz PL1/4 is faultless for most people and it's also very flat looking. See what you like for real.

Seperate audio kit is always far better but until you try it you may not miss it. Always good to add when you can though, for the 'ultimate experience.' :D

Soldato
its an amazing tv. Good picture, but lacks a little bit in the sound department. The model is now obsolete (dont know if that bothers you), but overall it is an amazing television for the money.

Back
Top Bottom