Thinking about joining the army...

Soldato
pegasus1 said:
Id love to meet you face to face, no, im the bloke on the left.
Lets meet anytime and talk about the pro's and con's
Ooo, you look different from the last pic I saw of you.... Give me a year or two, I should be in the Marines by then *fingers crossed I pass the psych tests*

Soldato
monkeypants said:
Ooo, you look different from the last pic I saw of you.... Give me a year or two, I should be in the Marines by then *fingers crossed I pass the psych tests*
The others had a black band on my head im sure.
Dont join the cabbage heads dude, they only accept people too ugly to get in the Reg, Join the Regt. Ive got loads of mates in the Marines (done a 6 month attachment) and they shower 7 times a day, adey if you read this then its meant for you.

Permabanned
OP
Good luck with the Marines mate, I would love to join, physically I'm there but at 17 I doubt I'd make the selection, I know how tough it is and mentally I'd not be mature enough.

How does the Army compare to other military forces like the RAF and Navy?

I'm pretty sure it's the Army I want to join but I might as well research the others a bit as well.

Soldato
pegasus1 said:
The others had a black band on my head im sure.
Dont join the cabbage heads dude, they only accept people too ugly to get in the Reg, Join the Regt. Ive got loads of mates in the Marines (done a 6 month attachment) and they shower 7 times a day, adey if you read this then its meant for you.
No way, my mate, who is more ugly that roadkill is joining the paras after Uni. I like the sea. Marines are cool.

Edit: Thanks Violent-J! :)

Permabanned
I have been mulling it over for a few years. I'd love the day to day life, the travelling, the feeling of being somthing special but the whole Iraq farce puts me off big time now.

Soldato
i may join the raf after me education is over...

dont know if it will lead me to anything good... im just running through millions of ideas.
like when i wanted to join mi5... loved to, but never happen

mi5, i meant the co op

Soldato
OCdt Stringy said:
Why are the Parachute regiment still called the Parachute regiment anyway? When was the last time they actually parachuted into conflict?
:p

Because they are rockhard and I wouldn't argue with them, they can call themselves whatever they want as long as they don't beat me up. :p

Soldato
I know someone who has just got into the Paras and he said it nearly killed him, and this guy was healthier than a whippet. He must be a machine by now, hell even my mate in the infantry is a machine. We had a drunken trampoline wrestling match last night and he skinned me.

Last edited:
Soldato
me uncle was a sergeant in the infantry about 10years ago.. and he says that the infantry and paras used to fight each other on nights out, just for a laugh... to see who was the toughest...lol, he is a nutcase anyways, so maybe not all of them did that.

got a fair bit of money when he left too. just thought id say that :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I've been seriously considering going to Sandhurst for officer's training when I graduate in a couple of years. I was considering joining the Paras too.

Soldato
monkeypants said:
How long has that taken? That's a high rank for an NCO.
Well its WO2 on posting and there are two other ranks above that, RQMS and RSM.
You cant equate (no idea how to spell that) it to a commissioned rank, You have to get to Major in order to earn my wages, its more complicated than that. My OC (major) calls me by my 1st name but in work he is SIR to me.

Soldato
Nix said:
I've been seriously considering going to Sandhurst for officer's training when I graduate in a couple of years. I was considering joining the Paras too.
Go for it, being fit is only part of it, dont worry about things like Iraq, its read me out there and you will lose friends but it will make you a better person, ive been to loads of places and felt worried but Iraq was the one place were i honestl felt i would never see my kids again, it didnt stop me doing my job as anybody who has been against it will tell you. If there is anybody on the forums who was in the Jameat last year, then you will know, you are a far better human being for it than if you would have stayed at home.
Forget Queen and country, forget our capbadge, you do it cos of the person you are..........

Back
Top Bottom