This any good?

J86

J86

Associate
Hi all im after a new PC

I can currently afford all of the above and will be getting a 1070 in a couple of months

for now does this look good? I have a case, monitor, mouse keyboard etc

Thanks

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £834.87 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Man of Honour
Total: £840.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

i'd suggest this instead.
better motherboard
cheaper ram - intel isn't as ram speed sensitive as amd
(arguably) better psu - also a single gpu wouldn't require an 850w psu
and bigger ssd. for sole gaming, nvme doesn't give much noticeable real-world gains compared to a sata3 ssd. capacity is king for a given price point.
also please note that the -k processors do not come with a stock cooler - so if you don't already have one, you'll need to budget for that too :)

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Total: £840.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)

i'd suggest this instead.
better motherboard
cheaper ram - intel isn't as ram speed sensitive as amd
(arguably) better psu - also a single gpu wouldn't require an 850w psu
and bigger ssd. for sole gaming, nvme doesn't give much noticeable real-world gains compared to a sata3 ssd. capacity is king for a given price point.
also please note that the -k processors do not come with a stock cooler - so if you don't already have one, you'll need to budget for that too :)

Thanks mate, out of interest what makes the mobo better?

Soldato
When you say months ... We talking computex June time? (Nice ram stuff coming out) .. an Event in August ( if they don't go and push the laugh day back ) ??
Also H370 drops tomorrow

If you see the Aorus Gaming 3 and ASRock Flagship H370 they have more or equal number VRM and full Coffeelake chipset features :)

So boards will be more expensive then budget £90 z370 boards but I believe Gigabyte/Aorus Gaming 3 goes with Far Cry 5 for free .

I7 8700 and H370 and your good to go whilst saving some pennies .

Then you've got X370 dropping on the 19th so could spice things up a little, doubt Current Ryzen gen will fall in price, doesn't need to be will be interesting Intel side of things is they offer reseller rebaits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom