This Business and Moment...

Associate
ah right that's an odd move sideways at best. I hope the Oracle deal saves money at least...

I work for a consultancy that does a lot of EPM implementations for financial companies (although I work in a different area) and they don't work with Oracle most of the implementations are Anaplan which seems to be the leader in that space although one of the more expensive ones.

Soldato
Honestly if i could look at the Consulting type role for Workday i would, however because our implentation of it is so poor, there's a lot of product knowledge i don't have and so i don't feel qualified to make that step.

Seems extremely lucrative, we're currently spinning up Workday as a replacement to our dated General Ledger and the sums of money we're paying are £LOL

Soldato
ah right that's an odd move sideways at best. I hope the Oracle deal saves money at least...

I work for a consultancy that does a lot of EPM implementations for financial companies (although I work in a different area) and they don't work with Oracle most of the implementations are Anaplan which seems to be the leader in that space although one of the more expensive ones.

Sounds interesting. Might pick your brains one day.

Seems extremely lucrative, we're currently spinning up Workday as a replacement to our dated General Ledger and the sums of money we're paying are £LOL

Need a Systems Accountant? :D

Id recommend it as a system. The excel add in in particular is also fantastic.

Associate
Has that ever happened when moving something to Oracle?

Not often but I did a system selection for a treasury/loans system and oracle came out in the middle.

The cheapest was some horrible piece of software that looked like it was designed for windows 3.1 and the most expensive was the sofrware that actually met all their requirements

I found out about halfway through that the CFO was friends with the CEO of the cheap software co and realised the fix was in. I recommended the software that met their requirements they went with the cheapest. That was about a 20k waste of consulting fees for them

Soldato
Actually found a Consulting role for Workday advertised on Linkedin so have stuck an application in.

It's Remote too which is nice, although i get the impression a lot of roles like this are, due to the flexibility needed with global customers.

Good start, had a response from their Talent Acquisition team wanting an initial chat, so booked that in for tomorrow.

@mattx2 I know it's a "length of piece of string" type question, but any idea of a salary range for a "trainer" in this kind of software?

The job advert didn't list anything and i'm struggling to get a rough ballpark figure.

Trying to not to be too excited as re-reading the job spec makes it sound excellen.
https://workday.wd5.myworkdayjobs.c...London/Trainer---Financials-Software_JR-49241

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, just trying to get an idea on salary without it being part of an initial chat. From a quick google "Software Trainer" seems to show as an average of ~£31k on Glassdoor with very few moving up to a level i'd be looking at.

Then there's the 25% travel and how extensive that'd be that i need to consider as my wife needs support during times when her illness is bad, nothing major, just stuff like it's nice to be able to make breakfast/lunch etc to save her having to move around too much when she's wiped out.

Seems like scope for overseas work though which would make for a nice change. Either Amsterdam or Munich being possible options.

Dammit stop getting excited!

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Yeah, that's the ballpark i was initially thinking, but the role is Financial Software Trainer, not sure whether that would fall into that Consultant bracket.

Doing a search for Software Trainer comes up with this

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/software-trainer-salary-SRCH_KO0,16.htm

Reading the job spec, i'd be expecting the higher figure you mentioned, but the above did give me cause to reign back a little. I just don't want to directly approach the subject in an initial conversation, whilst at the same time not wanting to waste time if it is pitched low.

Soldato
Actually found a Consulting role for Workday advertised on Linkedin so have stuck an application in.

It's Remote too which is nice, although i get the impression a lot of roles like this are, due to the flexibility needed with global customers.
What firm if you don't mind me asking?

Soldato
Yeah, that's the ballpark i was initially thinking, but the role is Financial Software Trainer, not sure whether that would fall into that Consultant bracket.

Doing a search for Software Trainer comes up with this

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/software-trainer-salary-SRCH_KO0,16.htm

Reading the job spec, i'd be expecting the higher figure you mentioned, but the above did give me cause to reign back a little. I just don't want to directly approach the subject in an initial conversation, whilst at the same time not wanting to waste time if it is pitched low.
It's completely valid to raise it in the meeting with recruitment - saves both sides wasting time. Just ask in the right way - i.e. making sure it's in the right ballpark but that money isn't the only factor in a job.

Associate
Good start, had a response from their Talent Acquisition team wanting an initial chat, so booked that in for tomorrow.

@mattx2 I know it's a "length of piece of string" type question, but any idea of a salary range for a "trainer" in this kind of software?

The job advert didn't list anything and i'm struggling to get a rough ballpark figure.

Trying to not to be too excited as re-reading the job spec makes it sound excellen.
https://workday.wd5.myworkdayjobs.c...London/Trainer---Financials-Software_JR-49241

According to glassdoor they pay c$108k-$131k for a senior financial trainer so assuming this is a more junior role 50k seems to be in the right ballpark and is also roughly what implementation consultants start off on in the London office

Soldato
Argh. Phone call done. Definitely need to not get too excited. It's not the role i initially thought it was. I had thought it was providing software trainer to end customers, but it's actually providing training to the Implementation teams and consultants.

Safe to say salary isn't 30k :p Would actually be a big jump from where i'm at which again makes me need to avoid getting carried away. I guess the only plus point is that it's fairly niche sector and having an Accounting background must work in my favour!

Man of Honour
There’s an Events Operations Manager role going at my local Premiership Rugby club. My mrs is interested in the role however there’s no salary listed. Any idea what to expect? She’s cabin crew at present so doesn’t earns much, it’s just to be prepared if she gets to interview and gets asked what she wants in terms of salary.

Back
Top Bottom