This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Signed off work for a week to give me some time to recover from stress etc, depression and anxiety getting me down at the moment. Not in a great place right now! Trying some different medication and recommended I get cognitive behavioural therapy as well so I can attack it from both angles!

Made this thread to make myself feel better cos I miss the days of TIAM and the mods threatening to ban us all for overloading the server... :D

Still, I shall try and make use of the few days I have off rather than stewing, I'll see if I can get a few bits and pieces done to the cars.

How are we all doing? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Signed off work for a week to give me some time to recover from stress etc, depression and anxiety getting me down at the moment. Not in a great place right now! Trying some different medication and recommended I get cognitive behavioural therapy as well so I can attack it from both angles!

Made this thread to make myself feel better cos I miss the days of TIAM and the mods threatening to ban us all for overloading the server... :D

Still, I shall try and make use of the few days I have off rather than stewing, I'll see if I can get a few bits and pieces done to the cars.

Oh dear, is this your new job?

Hopefully it's just the initial learning curve, it's always the hardest. At least the weather is nice, go for a drive!

ajf

ajf

Soldato

I’ve been there myself and it is difficult.
Like you, finding enjoyable things to do helped, but don’t force yourself if really down as it just makes it worse.
Hopefully these days employers are a bit better at understanding and dealing with depression and stress.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Happy to have finished learning (well you can never really finish learning them) my latest piano piece :D

Play us a tune :cool:

I'm self-learning acoustic guitar but my calisthenics progression is coming first this year. 90 degree handstand push-ups by year end are a distinct possibility! Maybe we can one day collaborate and create an ocuk musical number!

Soldato
Play us a tune :cool:

I'm self-learning acoustic guitar but my calisthenics progression is coming first this year. 90 degree handstand push-ups by year end are a distinct possibility! Maybe we can one day collaborate and create an ocuk musical number!
Only if you play whilst doing a headstand :D

Shameless plug:cool:

@mrk show us some guitar if you've got a vid :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m glad to see the thread back!

It’s good to have somewhere to post something that doesn’t deserve its own thread but you want to share/discuss :D

Last day at work today till Monday 3rd :D

Sat-Thurs in South Snowdonia with a load of mates mountain biking, mountain climbing and beer drinking, then Thurs-Sun visiting a friend in Bristol.

Anyone doing anything exciting with the long weekend?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone doing anything exciting with the long weekend?

I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow for brekky to talk about IoW location portraits I want to do with her so looking forward to that! Then a shoot on Sunday just mucking around with studio equipment and stuff!

As for bank ho Monday, super exciting plans to help my uncle out by wiring in his new washing machine because he's a bit confused by screwdrivers :D

Soldato
I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow for brekky to talk about IoW location portraits I want to do with her so looking forward to that! Then a shoot on Sunday just mucking around with studio equipment and stuff!

As for bank ho Monday, super exciting plans to help my uncle out by wiring in his new washing machine because he's a bit confused by screwdrivers :D

Wiring in a washing machine? Any washing machine I’ve ever seen has a standard 240v plug? Does he not have hands? :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Wiring in a washing machine? Any washing machine I’ve ever seen has a standard 240v plug? Does he not have hands? :p

HIs kitchen unit has a recess with a hole for the power cord that only is wide enough for the cord not the plug, which then feed into a little junction box with a fuse, so no plug to plug in. Trust me I had to install a door lock for a bathroom once, and help top up the oil on his car! Absolute DIY shambles :D

Soldato
HIs kitchen unit has a recess with a hole for the power cord that only is wide enough for the cord not the plug, which then feed into a little junction box with a fuse, so no plug to plug in. Trust me I had to install a door lock for a bathroom once, and help top up the oil on his car! Absolute DIY shambles :D

Ah I see, I can see why that would be a challenge for those less technically minded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom