This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
We're not long back from a localish spin in the car. She had her first coffee and ice cream out of the house since at least February, sat outside the Cafe on the Great Orme. All the cafes in Llandudno itself were busy with visitors enjoying the last of the summer so up the Orme we headed, to quieter, breezier heights. Nice and safe.

Soldato
We're not long back from a localish spin in the car. She had her first coffee and ice cream out of the house since at least February, sat outside the Cafe on the Great Orme. All the cafes in Llandudno itself were busy with visitors enjoying the last of the summer so up the Orme we headed, to quieter, breezier heights. Nice and safe.
Ah that's good to hear :)

Finally got my hair appointment booked in for Tues. Hasn't been done since November :o

In other news could murder a Mcflurry right now...

Soldato
Ah that's good to hear :)

Finally got my hair appointment booked in for Tues. Hasn't been done since November :o

In other news could murder a Mcflurry right now...

Thanks 'Spy. She was on good form today - her Eton mess ice cream cornet would've lasted longer if I'd dropped it in a furnace. Savage! :)

Good luck on Tuesday, it must be a relief to get it done.

Soldato
Spent an hour descaling the shower and cleaning bathrooms ahead of a potential new flatmate visiting. I wish someone else in my house would clean something for once.

I was surprised to see a potted cannabis plant in the middle of our neighbours garden. I guess that explains the occasional smell that comes over the fence.
Is that why they call it pot? I'll see myself out :p

Caporegime
I don't know whats wrong with me lately but I find myself feeling emotional about the stupidest things. Things which nobody would even bat an eyelid at are causing me to almost shed a tear of sadness, passion, happiness, inspiration, or relief.

My life is like a rollercoaster of chemical imbalances in my brain sometimes... I'm used to the feelings of depression, anxiety, stress, but this, this is new... I'm not feeling very manly right now...

Caporegime
Feely = socially bondy? It sounds like your oxytocin level is proportionally too high. So, fixable.

Yeah probably about right. But I'm sure a load of other chemicals are out of balance as well.

I like to imagine that the part of my brain which is in charge of all this stuff is run by a team of brain cells in a perpetual state of panic running around turning things up and down to try and keep the ship afloat. :D

Soldato
I don't know whats wrong with me lately but I find myself feeling emotional about the stupidest things. Things which nobody would even bat an eyelid at are causing me to almost shed a tear of sadness, passion, happiness, inspiration, or relief.

My life is like a rollercoaster of chemical imbalances in my brain sometimes... I'm used to the feelings of depression, anxiety, stress, but this, this is new... I'm not feeling very manly right now...
Have you been taking oestrogen tablets again? :p

In all seriousness, have you been bottling stuff up? Feeling really stressed lately? If you have, maybe this is your body's way of letting it all out

Caporegime
Have you been taking oestrogen tablets again? :p

In all seriousness, have you been bottling stuff up? Feeling really stressed lately? If you have, maybe this is your body's way of letting it all out

Haha! :p

I'm forever bottling stuff up and feeling stressed, plus not having a job at the moment to occupy most of my day means I have lost some of my feeling of purpose and I have a constant slight feeling of guilt, all the days are melding into each other, I haven't been sleeping properly, and I've been feeling pretty lonely and a bit sensitive too.

I need to try a bit harder to set things in motion... Do some training in my free time. Spend more time looking for jobs. Get some of the things out of the way which have been looming over me. Fix my sleep pattern. Eat better. Stop drinking. All sorts... :o

I stopped smoking again though so there's that.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Skin surgeon recommended me B3 supplementation for BCCs after the heads up on mechanical effects of DAA and D3. Science shop-talk (swap).

We compare notes next Friday.

Soldato
Haha! :p

I'm forever bottling stuff up and feeling stressed, plus not having a job at the moment to occupy most of my day means I have lost some of my feeling of purpose and I have a constant slight feeling of guilt, all the days are melding into each other, I haven't been sleeping properly, and I've been feeling pretty lonely and a bit sensitive too.

I need to try a bit harder to set things in motion... Do some training in my free time. Spend more timing looking for jobs. Get some of the things out of the way which have been looming over me. Fix my sleep pattern. Eat better. Stop drinking. All sorts... :o

I stopped smoking again though so there's that.
Aww that sucks

If you haven't already, make a list of everything you want to do and try to set a target of when you want to complete them by. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself though.

When i was put on furlough for 5 weeks i decided i wanted to really make it count. I didn't achieve everything that I wanted to but I definitely got a fair bit done, whilst also allowing some time to do things that weren't really a chore or a necessity. I do have a bad habit of thinking "I should have done this, I should have done that" but there is not much I can do to change it. I just have to try and kick myself in the butt and crack on with it now :p

RxR

RxR

Soldato

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I was relieved last week to hear what I suspected to be melanoma (another skin cancer) hadnt returned - the offending items are only sunspots. But, he found some BCCs again. Gotta love the sun.

Im about to buy Ego QVs sunscreen with the B3 in it too. Plus, I daresay, I already got their nightcream with the B3 in it too. After all, cancer kills.

Soldato

Far too relatable. I've been tearing up or feeling overwhelmed at soppy adverts, sitcoms, and family films. I think it might be time for my regular viewing of Men In Black 3. It makes me cry at the end every time :o

Seriously though I do get this way if I'm spreading myself too thin or bottling things up. It'll just start happening while I'm watching TV and I'll realise I might need a break.

Do what secretspy says, try and make a list of what you'd like to sort out. Don't be overwhelmed by it - use it as a way to break your worries down into bite sized chunks. I've been slowly getting on top of tidying/cleaning the house by setting myself a task each weekend. It's working, slowly... I'm a bit less stressed every time I finish a job.

Soldato
TIAM is basically a 6 way conversation with a few other interjections as you go, isnt it :D

Yadda, glad you had a ride out with your mum. :)

Thanks Mrs S. She gets her hair done this week! :)

@LuckyBenski @Acme that's rough, fellas. I'm no psychologist but I can somewhat relate. When I was visiting my mother in hospital before Christmas, when I was very much being psychologically tossed around in the maelstrom of her illnes, I was completely winded by a choir singing carols in the hospital foyer and very nearly broke down.

For me, the cause was obvious and I set about building strategies to cope with it. Perhaps the root of your unhappiness is less obvious - do you have anyone close that you can talk things through with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom